Read My Poetry! | Teen Ink

Read My Poetry!

By nelehjr DIAMOND, Lingle, Wyoming
nelehjr DIAMOND, Lingle, Wyoming

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

I’ve been trying
To work
Up
The guts to
Post my
Poetry
Online. But I
Have to
Wonder
If anyone would
Even read
It.

Heh heh, just something I wrote late one night. I consider myself a poetaster so I'm a little insecure. I dedicate this one to LexusMarie, TheEpic95 and bree_bree. Fellow writers and teenink users. Thanks guys.

on Sep. 5 2013 at 1:22 pm
SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

YOU should post more poetry because it is basically killing me. Like the good kind :P Ah, you know what I mean. I'm so impressed by this and your ability to blow the reader away with such little words. This is just wow. 5 stars and I love the format too. It wears the theme quite well. Love always, Saphira. P.S. I'll come here again soon. Enjoyed reading your stuff a lot. Will give the fictiona and non-fiction a read next time. 

on Aug. 15 2013 at 6:42 pm
PirateCountry DIAMOND, Muncie, Indiana

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

DUDE, I read ALL your stuff. And you do such a great job! I'll read everything you've got!

on Jul. 12 2013 at 9:36 pm
Superhero_Fan SILVER, Tomorrowland, California

"Impossible; for How many people did you know who refracted your own light to you?” - Fahrenheit 451

Well, this person read it! Congratulations on getting the guts to post this. Keep writing!

on Jul. 12 2013 at 3:29 am
thatunknownthing DIAMOND, Dubai, Other

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift; that's why they call it the present"

I read your poetry! :P cool work, very refreshingly different. Yea, for your wondering, people do want to read your work :)

on Jun. 16 2013 at 12:18 am
LexusMarie PLATINUM, Las Cruces, New Mexico

The more control you have over yourself, the less control others have over you.

Hey there! Titles are highly important in writing, they have to catch the reader's eye, and this one surely did. I loved the urge, command, and excitement of it! I truly liked the simplicity of this poem.. it was really nice. And I loved the format, it's odd and unique, and I've never been able to write poetry in strange formats, they make me nervous! But, you did a great job! I love the emphasis of certain words, it's a brilliant idea and it really gets the point across. The sense of wonder in the girl's eye in the picture and the use of the word wonder in your poem really go well together. I like this poem, simple and gets the point across! I'd like to thank you very much for dedicating this to me! I really appreciate this from the bottom of my heart! It's very kind of you! And I encourage you to continue writing and to continue posting, because you are a great writer and you have nothing to be insecure about. Anytime you need help with writing, I would be more than HAPPY to help you out! If you just need some feedback, I'd love to leave you some.. just find one of my forums and let me know what the title is and I'll get to it as soon as possible. Continue to write! Talk to you soon! And again, THANK YOU.