Encounter with Death

You stare at me mockingly,
Maliciously taunting me.
From the eyes of the one I loved.
The eyes that once danced and sparkled.
Glazed and defeated, they stare up.
And behind them you laugh and laugh.
You have won the game this time.
(But who am I to say life is a game?)
I can feel you laughing at me
Because you and I both know
It is only a matter of time until I am your victim.
“Despair!” you taunt from the slack lips of the one I loved.
“Despair!” the lips that will never move again dance with your mirth.
You know you have power over me—the power to bring tears.
You have the power to rip a hole in my heart and let the blood pour out of my eyes.

TargonTheDragonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 9:30 pm:
death? the fear of death has no power over me. the fear of death has no power over anyone, unless they allow it to. and besides, death is natural. a part of life, as Gandalf the White said "End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path... One that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass..."

IrenieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
yesterday at 10:15 pm :
Wow. Thank you for that. I have really been struggling with my relationship with death since someone I really cared about passed away. But I think there is truth in what you say. And i really like that quote. I will treasure it in my heart, and I think it will bring me comfort. Thanks for taking the time to post, Targon.

TargonTheDragonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 1:57 pm :
haha no problem! :D