In A World | Teen Ink

In A World

By SamuelSudlow PLATINUM, Baltimore, Maryland
SamuelSudlow PLATINUM, Baltimore, Maryland

Dream big, because inspiration, like fire, spreads rapidly. - Me

In a world where my mind must be sharp, I perform to my highest, But every time my mind gets sharper, Their temper gets shorter, Anger rising, I have to escape from their stereotypical border, Enter the virtual, the endless realm of pixels and glitches, Of elves and mythical witches, But see that is only temporary, For when I sign out I see that reality is scary, Being Player 1 always made me feel special, But after awhile of being the only player, I’ve developed an electric field that’s now built in my layers, Anti-social and sometimes even anti-emotion, No matter what world there isn’t a viable potion, Despite the system there will always be an easter egg, Something hidden away from civilization or hidden discrete in plain sight, I venture and I search, but I lack the might, I look back and I see no light, Born in the skin of eternal night, I’m not expected to be as smart as I am, Answer something in class and I’m a miracle, But no whip, In a school where my mind must be sharp, Is my blade becoming dull, It feels like a foreign skull, In game or out, do I rest my head on the grindstone and hope to become sharp again?