Light in the Dark of the Night

Perhaps my path is that of loving love forlorn
Awaken in the lucid night and sleepless by the morn
Like a dream that trickles by into the warmth of morning light
A rush of an evening, tender touch fades into the night
An ignorant fantasy brought to taste
The sweet bitterness of mine own disgrace
The mellow, soft glow of the nightlife glare
A shudder of cold, snow in my hair
A tender touch of gentility
Minding my own humility
A laugh escapes my frozen lips
I shake off the feeling from my fingertips
A prickling apprehension shrouded by the rush
A kindling ember, silenced by a hush
That has fallen over my senses and hath spited my soul
The trembling melodies and mournful flute are the source of my console
And I wonder if I’ll ever find the one who speaks the words I sing
But for now I’ll sit and watch and see what life will bring.

CrazySissiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I really like this poem. It is personal and meaningful. Keep up the good work. :)  

AnotherSouthernGirl said...
May 12, 2013 at 8:08 pm:
I love this poem! I love the images and the descriptions you used. Beautiful job.

FallenoutofgraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 3, 2013 at 10:13 pm:
I love the imergry you made it felt like i was living it and it was perfect Nice job keep it up cause your very talented

wordnerd54 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:45 am:
Great poem! I really liked the images you created... "A laugh escapes my frozen lips" and "Awaken in the lucid night and sleepless by the morn" are just great.  The last line really brings everything together -- it really captures the feeling of "loving love forlorn." Nice job!

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Hey there! This was really beautiful! I really enjoyed reading this poem, it's so pretty. The title is wonderful! I think your word choices are impeccable and the way you word thing is very special and clear. Every single line was like, wow, this is so great and impressive. I think the last two lines were great, they summed up the poem and left a bit of mystery because it makes the reader wonder, too. Great job!