I Take Back My Tears This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I take back my tears
the wasted years
I spent crying
for what never could happen

I take back my heart
my shattered heart
Up off the ground
and back in my arms

I take back my hope
wasted on you
and toss it aside
for it has no meaning now

Nothing you say
no words
no songs
can heal the bleeding wound
That you opened again and again

I walk a free woman
held by nothing of yours
and fly away free
as free as the wind

Lexie96 said...
Oct. 23, 2011 at 11:15 am
This is really good, but I just don't know about the end. I have to agree with the majority of the comments that I've read that the end is just not as good as the rest of it. If anyone has some time could they please check out some of my work? Please?

Ktaylorxo said...
Oct. 1, 2011 at 8:55 am
I wish I could move on.. This shows that people can. This is phenomenal, keep writing! And check out some of mine if you have the chance(:

harrypotter143 replied...
i definetly know how you feel. doesnt this poem make you feel so much better about moving on?

sMiLeY13 said...
i really love your poem i too once felt that wat too. keep writting you  are very talented of writting poetry

Louise1 said...
i love this kinda took me back to the days when everything was good.. but i have to agree the last two lines kinda through it off...

maleenaj said...
I like the poem but the last two lines ruin it.

singingdetective said...

Most of this poem was great, but the last stanza really disappointed me. To me, it didn't have as much impact as the beginning stanzas. It's just the "fly away free as free as the wind". I would have really liked something with more power, more force. By just saying "free as the wind" you could be talking about a gentle breeze. It just doesn't seem to match the tone of the lines before it or the rest of the poem. :/

OTHER than that, it's awesome. The rebellious, determined tone is buil... (more »)

WeAllBurn said...
so deep. i loved this. it touched me very much. <3

MichaelAranda said...
Sept. 9, 2011 at 10:58 am
this poem is about your love life. this poem is really goood and really interesting.

ayesha20 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 9, 2011 at 9:33 am
I loved your poem. It's just like mine, "I shall see.". Though mine wasn't rated.(It never does, none of my work and absolutely no comments.*sigh*) Anyways check it out please.

liv.poetfreak said...
Amazing! Very relatable!

CRAZYcubanSOLE said...
This is sooo good! I wish I could write something like this! :)

TheMermaidBySome said...
This so relates to my own life. Very well written!!!

emilybwrites said...
great job!! please check out my poems "forgotten domain" and "the others" and comment/rate them:)

HeavenlyPrincess said...
Aug. 18, 2011 at 10:48 am
This is such a good poem <3 10/10

aveawave said...
Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:53 am
This is really great. I've read it about 3 times so far. Woul all of you mind checking out my work? I'd really appreciate it, I need to improve. Any advice? :)

SavannahMcKenna said...
I love it....anyone should come check out my stuff and let me know what you think or what i can do to get as good as this:)

thetruthawaits94 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

I kind of like this. I feel like I've read this poem before, many times, however. A tiny bit cliche? It pretty good though.

catsrule208 replied...
agree, but it still is a nice poem

palalandrea said...
 I love this a lot. It's very heartfelt and passionate. Some of the parts may be a little bit cliché however? I love it anyways!