I Take Back My Tears This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I take back my tears
the wasted years
I spent crying
for what never could happen

I take back my heart
my shattered heart
Up off the ground
and back in my arms

I take back my hope
wasted on you
and toss it aside
for it has no meaning now

Nothing you say
no words
no songs
can heal the bleeding wound
That you opened again and again

I walk a free woman
held by nothing of yours
and fly away free
as free as the wind

mariahollis This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I... am not that impressed. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad poem, and I am inclined to be especially critical of love poems. I just don't feel that it's particularly creative or beautiful. It's very simplistic, which can be a good thing, but it's also quite cliched and full of empty-seeming bits of melodrama. None of your spirit or unique experiences shine through. This poem could have been written by any girl in the world (which does make it "relatable", I suppose) and the language is, quite... (more »)

BlackPhoenix replied...
baces on this hypercritical comment i would like to ask you to critick my work for they are mostly of love too

mariahollis This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I'd love to!

GraceMyint This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I'd have to agree with you Mariahollis, the poem is good but, in my opinion, cliched. I mean no offence, simply constructive commentary

sarahmichelle98 said...
wish it rhymed, it would add more flow to the words if it did

JohnW said...
I really like this, I connect it to myself and others. Hopfully one day we will all thrive, and find a better future.

teresa221 said...
This is really well written, and captures the spirit of freedom, independence, and strength. Great job!! =)

MMorton said...
Its beautiful. Like few of the things I write, you have made something truly beautiful from ugly feelings. Applause. :}

AshleyHannah said...
I really enjoyed this! So relatable, short, sweet, to the point. Truly amazing!

Maileece_Johnson said...
Nov. 14, 2011 at 11:21 am

WOW thats AWESOME!!! (: very relatable

illosionist said...
Nov. 14, 2011 at 11:21 am
I like it, i will admit it could use some editting or revisiting, but i really love it...it words ring true.

KCayla said...
Nov. 14, 2011 at 10:52 am
Nice. I and a lot of girls can relate :D

meadowood said...
Nov. 14, 2011 at 7:28 am

Beautiful.

This reminds me of 1. the song Jar of Hearts and 2. a poem I wrote of the same idea.

Great, amazing, fantasic job!

ambamixx3 replied...
Nov. 14, 2011 at 11:03 am
Totally Jar of Hearts ! & did you post the poem?

JackTElliott replied...
Mar. 3, 2012 at 10:33 am
This is great! Nice work you should post more. PS How do you make your article more popular :P (Im new)

crazygal said...
Nov. 14, 2011 at 7:15 am
mind blowing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

book.junkieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
 i have nothing to say about this poem except that its absolutely beautiful how you are able to write getting up from a heart break. absolutely breathe taking 

ThePeaceDaisy said...
Omg I can SO relate! I liked this guy for a year, told him i liked him, cried about what I wish could've been, then finally, stopped obsessing over him. Great poem!

HollywoodHotshot said...
Wow, I mean W-O-W! That was amazing with so few words your poem is easy to connect with. I really loved it. It is exactly how I felt and how i pushed it aside and kept on living my life and well, became free! Keep writing!

harrypotter143 said...
this is a beautiful poem. perfectly describes how i felt when my best friend dropped me. love it!

Dearin123 replied...
i like this peom becuse it express my life and the people in it..