I Take Back My Tears This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I take back my tears
the wasted years
I spent crying
for what never could happen

I take back my heart
my shattered heart
Up off the ground
and back in my arms

I take back my hope
wasted on you
and toss it aside
for it has no meaning now

Nothing you say
no words
no songs
can heal the bleeding wound
That you opened again and again

I walk a free woman
held by nothing of yours
and fly away free
as free as the wind

DanSom said...
today at 5:29 pm
Beautiful, vulnerable, emotional, and powerful. A well written piece.

Mag;)This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 8 at 1:54 pm
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warlord101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 8 at 7:58 am
very well written! amazing imagery!

AllTheSuperRacehorses said...
Mar. 7 at 5:32 pm
May all hearts heal the way yours did

Lily">This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 23 at 2:10 am
realy love this !

Jan. 8 at 2:00 am
i love this !

SupernaturaIistThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 5 at 7:25 pm
Beautiful. Creates a stunning scene

lost_and_freeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 1 at 9:53 pm
Short, sweet, and to the point. Also, relatable and nicely written!

B">This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 14, 2017 at 2:59 am
Wow,I love this so much and it's relateable. Beautiful writing :)

C">This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 11, 2017 at 6:03 am
Beautiful piece too.

Bus3">This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 11, 2017 at 4:26 am
Fantastic poem,very nice

becca22This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Beautiful piece.

Galacti.BunThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This poem is so beautiful and inspiring

MissBubbleGumPrincess0210 said...
Sept. 21, 2017 at 2:22 am
Very real and relatable.

J_D_M said...
HOW OLD IS THIS POEM?

plutothepropeller said...
Sept. 12, 2017 at 4:48 am
great use of anaphora!

BreezetteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 6, 2017 at 8:45 am
You're very talented. Great job!

Monkey777This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
How do you come up with such good stuff to right?

sydneyjean3602 said...
Aug. 21, 2017 at 11:39 am
This is an incredible poem! I love it! You have great talent!

Poetry32388 said...
Beautiful work! You have serious talent!