I Take Back My Tears This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I take back my tears
the wasted years
I spent crying
for what never could happen

I take back my heart
my shattered heart
Up off the ground
and back in my arms

I take back my hope
wasted on you
and toss it aside
for it has no meaning now

Nothing you say
no words
no songs
can heal the bleeding wound
That you opened again and again

I walk a free woman
held by nothing of yours
and fly away free
as free as the wind

Audreywau said...
today at 9:10 pm
In a few words you actually replicate the precise feeling felt by many people. Amazing. Thank you for being born. If you don't mind, it'd be awesome sauce if you could check out my poem, TeenInk.com/poetry/free_verse/article/854005/Glove-and-Oak/ Thank you talented person!!

Emily_S said...
today at 2:09 pm
I really like the repetition used! It really drilled in the point as well as her decision!

Randz said...
today at 7:21 am
That was so good!

TamieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love that!!!!!

LittleRedDeliriousPrinceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is amazing!

Iamwhoiam17 said...
May 27, 2015 at 3:12 am
That is great!! Please check out my poem and like it please!: TeenInk.com/poetry/free_verse/article/709809/MeWho-i-want-to-be/

RealRiter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow, 23 pages of comments, going on 24... amazing! I LOVE this poem. You present the perfect feel and tone, and also the rhythm is melodious and continues to the feel. Great job, you`re a natural.:)

Angelbaby said...
This poem has so much meaning to I love it!!!!!!! fantastic work @

Yaya21 said...
I started reading this and ii didnt want it to stop! i can really related to this!! this is amazing! great work!!! 

Ashelyn P. replied...
I have one word to describe this poem and that is cliche."I take back my tears -- the wasted years". This poem is clearly about a person taking back all the heartache they wasted on another person. But my question for you is this: how many times in how many poems, movies, books, songs, etc. have you heard this same sentiment repeated? This poem would perhaps be a bit more interesting if you had somehow found a different more thought provoking way to convey your meaning. The imagery was... (more »)

Ashelyn P. replied...
Sorry that was meant to be its own seperate comment not a reply.  

DemetriaSH said...
I believe that I must start by saying that your effort  towards writing a successful poem that evoked emotion was average. As the reader read through the poem, it was quite clear that the character was hurt. Although you made this obvious, other confusing components worked agaisnt you. In the first staza you stated "I take back my tears the wasted years I spent crying for what never could happen". I'm unclear as to what didn't happen and why sh... (more »)

Kira V. said...
Good job on your poem! I loved it! :)

Zithia This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is pefect up until the last line which is a cliche.  The rest of it is so strong, though.  Create a last line that lives up to, or even exceeds, the rest of the poem.

cheerjulia replied...
I couldn't agree more.

BlueSunset said...
Sept. 17, 2012 at 4:02 am
Lovely piece of work, simple yet effective ;) xx keep it up :D

EstherMarie117 said...
Sept. 14, 2012 at 11:49 am
Loved it :) Very simple yet beautiful. I can relate. I went through something exactly like this recently and I feel the same way.

. said...
Great work - really enjoyed it.

writerauter said...
you did a really good job:) i can tottally relate to it, which is cool. keep on writing!!!!!!!!!!!!:)))

mmk96 said...
Jul. 14, 2012 at 10:43 am
this is very good(: