I Take Back My Tears This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I take back my tears
the wasted years
I spent crying
for what never could happen

I take back my heart
my shattered heart
Up off the ground
and back in my arms

I take back my hope
wasted on you
and toss it aside
for it has no meaning now

Nothing you say
no words
no songs
can heal the bleeding wound
That you opened again and again

I walk a free woman
held by nothing of yours
and fly away free
as free as the wind

MissBubbleGumPrincess0210 said...
today at 2:22 am
Very real and relatable.

J_D_MThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sep. 13 at 4:24 pm
HOW OLD IS THIS POEM?

plutothepropeller said...
Sep. 12 at 4:48 am
great use of anaphora!

BreezetteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sep. 6 at 8:45 am
You're very talented. Great job!

Monkey777 said...
Aug. 29 at 11:33 pm
How do you come up with such good stuff to right?

sydneyjean3602 said...
Aug. 21 at 11:39 am
This is an incredible poem! I love it! You have great talent!

Poetry32388This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 2 at 11:05 pm
Beautiful work! You have serious talent!

Jul. 14 at 9:53 am
very nice. can someone read my poem?

laina1415This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 6 at 11:32 am
I love how its not too long, or detailed but its still so amazing! I love it

Akanksha005This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 5 at 1:41 am
This is such a simple yet amazing poem.

Taylor_M. said...
May 10 at 3:49 pm
It's a great poem and I love it but maybe add some punctuation in to finish it.

adelea replied...
May 16 at 3:40 pm
but the lack of punctuation is part of the style!

invisible_to_allThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 8 at 3:15 pm
I love this poem there is something in you that made this unique and just you keep writing or typing ok you are doing great!!!!

HereSheIsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 4 at 7:06 pm
This poem is so full of feeling. Reading it is like belting "Let it Go" from Frozen. I love it

NJacobYThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 3 at 2:35 pm
Descriptive and unique. I like it.

NJacobYThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 3 at 2:36 pm
500th comment :)

Soccergirl_MGS said...
May 2 at 9:16 am
That was really good! You are most definitely a very talented writer. I have some poems to if anyone would consider reading my article and telling me about it in the comments. Good job again!

leilawarner said...
May 1 at 6:58 pm
Great piece! You are seriously talented. Would anyone consider reading my article and critique in the comments. Possibly like it if you like it? Thanks :)

Savage14 said...
Apr. 27 at 7:09 pm
I like this very much

Savage14 replied...
Apr. 27 at 7:09 pm
Can someone read my poem