I Take Back My Tears This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I take back my tears
the wasted years
I spent crying
for what never could happen

I take back my heart
my shattered heart
Up off the ground
and back in my arms

I take back my hope
wasted on you
and toss it aside
for it has no meaning now

Nothing you say
no words
no songs
can heal the bleeding wound
That you opened again and again

I walk a free woman
held by nothing of yours
and fly away free
as free as the wind

pineappler03 said...
today at 9:52 pm
Amazing work! Big wow! :)

Eswzem said...
today at 6:14 pm
This poem has so much meaning to me, and I bet it has made an impact on so many others! Thank you for sharing this!

PoetryLoveThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 19 at 3:46 pm
Its me, all in a packet. It´s truly amazing.

BRad said...
Feb. 19 at 12:46 pm
I think this poem shows huge emotion behind. It conveys countless emotions in just a few words.

HEY123 said...
Feb. 19 at 11:28 am
I can totally relate to this poem! I liked this guy for a year, told him I liked him, and cried about what I wish could've been, and then finally, stopped obsessing over him. Great poem though!!

FreeSpiritedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 25 at 6:55 pm
I had that same problem! This poem has a lot of great emotion and I wish that acting the way the poem acts was as easy as it sounds;)

HEY GIRL said...
Feb. 19 at 11:23 am
I can totally relate. I liked this guy for a year, told him i liked him, cried about what I wish could've been, then finally, stopped obsessing over him. Great poem though!!

familysize50 said...
Feb. 19 at 9:05 am
This is worded nicely and I feel like a lot of people can relate to this poem.

Drew52 said...
Feb. 19 at 8:11 am
I really like the repetition and rhyme scheme you use!

theone said...
Feb. 19 at 8:01 am
This is a great poem, good rhyme and repetition. Along with a great meaning.

Audreywau said...
Jan. 6 at 9:10 pm
In a few words you actually replicate the precise feeling felt by many people. Amazing. Thank you for being born. If you don't mind, it'd be awesome sauce if you could check out my poem, TeenInk.com/poetry/free_verse/article/854005/Glove-and-Oak/ Thank you talented person!!

Emily_SThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 6 at 2:09 pm
I really like the repetition used! It really drilled in the point as well as her decision!

Randz said...
Jan. 6 at 7:21 am
That was so good!

TamieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love that!!!!!

LittleRedDeliriousPrinceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is amazing!

Iamwhoiam17 said...
May 27, 2015 at 3:12 am
That is great!! Please check out my poem and like it please!: TeenInk.com/poetry/free_verse/article/709809/MeWho-i-want-to-be/

RealRiter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow, 23 pages of comments, going on 24... amazing! I LOVE this poem. You present the perfect feel and tone, and also the rhythm is melodious and continues to the feel. Great job, you`re a natural.:)

Angelbaby said...
This poem has so much meaning to I love it!!!!!!! fantastic work @

Yaya21 said...
I started reading this and ii didnt want it to stop! i can really related to this!! this is amazing! great work!!! 

Ashelyn P. replied...
I have one word to describe this poem and that is cliche."I take back my tears -- the wasted years". This poem is clearly about a person taking back all the heartache they wasted on another person. But my question for you is this: how many times in how many poems, movies, books, songs, etc. have you heard this same sentiment repeated? This poem would perhaps be a bit more interesting if you had somehow found a different more thought provoking way to convey your meaning. The imagery was... (more »)