Under the Rose

Blood red petals unfurling,
a pretty fan masking the thorns beneath,
who would think something so beautiful,
could probably conceal ensnaring thorns?
That’s all it is,
an ugly truth,
masked by the unfurled petals of a pretty lie,
who would think one could gaze upon something of such beauty,
and feel so much guilt,
I hope that’s all they see,
The pretty petals,
how long until the petals fall away?
How long until they see all the blood?
All the blood that’s mine,
that’s hidden under the rose?

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 6:17 pm:
Extraordinarily beautiful. That first line drew me in immediatley. "Blood red petals unfurling"—the imagery palpitates throughout the poem. And the message is deep and should be heeded by all people. I think the poem is about people. At least, to me it is. Because people can be roses too. Beautiful on the inside but mean on the outside. Concealing so much nasty truth. It spoke a lot to me. And I think it's a beautiful poem.—I know it's a lovely poem.

Flowers_Will_Grow replied...
today at 6:25 pm :
Thank you very much for commenting, I never thought about it like that, but that is very true.  Sometimes the lie is prettier than the truth so we choose to believe that lie. Once again thank you! xD

popeye40This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 6:14 pm:
thats amazingly awesome!

Flowers_Will_Grow replied...
today at 6:26 pm :
Thank you for commenting xD