Aspirin

My chest squeezes,
I go to my knees,
Can no one hear my screams?
Am I doomed to die here?
They just stood there indifferent to my pain.
Then I realize my heart is dead.
I am dead.
A flicker of pain still remained.
Too late someone handed me a pill.
Ridiculously tiny,
this could have saved my heart,
I once believed…
but deep inside…
I know aspirin doesn't heal broken hearts.

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 12:34 pm:
Wow! How intense. I shivered when I read the last line. Very very very good. But... Are they having the spaz attack because of the broken heart? Or a drug overdose? It's not really clear. It might be because I'm in biology and am not paying attention, but it just lacks clarity on my end. Overall, really powerful. I loved reading it. You should submit this into a contest or something. It's nice.

JoPepperThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 9:53 pm :
Thank you and I'm talking about a metaphorical broken heart, because when your "heart breaks" it actually does hurt...and it sucks.  She's suffering in it wondering how everyone else doesn't notice and aspirin seems like an option, but then she rationalizes that her heartbreak is something that medicine can't fix...but honestly thinking about it now there's other ways I can interpret my own poem haha xD