Life of the King

A tree stands in an olive grove
Lonely and forgotten
It has seen too much, heard too much
To be innocent.

A young maiden sat under the leaves
Guarded by a secret
Of what she carried inside her
With angels rejoicing all around.

A small man climbed the branches
Looking for another man
Who was rumored to be a King
But the rumors were true.

The King prayed next to the tree
Readying himself
For the worst torture
Was yet to come.

A man driven by guilt
For the man he betrayed
Was taken for thirty shekels
Blood money.

Three nails, a spear, untimely fate
For the world mourned
For the King on a tree
That wept as well.

Two women at the grave
An angel telling them where
The King went away to
From the empty grave.

A tree stands in an olive grove
Lonely and forgotten
It has seen too much, heard too much
To be innocent.

mynameisnothabib said...
Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:21 am
This is so good! And it pains me to say this, but it is a sad thing that some people will never know what you are referring to, like with zacheus, peter, jesus, and mary. I hope you keep writing and being a light to the world with your poems.<3  

DawnieRaeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:08 am
I loved that sooooooooooo much! It was beautiful.

freepersonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
wow thanks! :)

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 16, 2013 at 9:21 am
WOW!!!!! I love this, amazing, beautiful metaphor!! This is about Jesus, right? Correct me if I'm wrong. Wow, this was awesome

yes this is about Jesus :)

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
LOVE IT!!!!!! :D