Breaking Spring This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

my pale skin sits idle,
clean and smooth.
the blood flows orderly
in a circle
through my veins.
too long has it been kept in its narrow prison
too long has my skin lay unbroken.
the paint is drying
it won’t be good much longer now.
i itch to be broken open,
to flow and breathe the air into myself.
to feel the purple petals on the surface,
the crimson stems running down to my fingertips.
winter is over,
and with the spring
the flower will come.

MarieLouiseA said...
This is really good! (: i like the relation between two different topics! check out my work and comment if you have time? thanks!

spency said...
Jun. 13, 2011 at 11:18 am
5/5 good job...visit me comment and rate

ShelbyMarie93 said...
Dec. 10, 2010 at 8:44 am
I, like others I've seen, initially thought this was about something else...if you catch my drift. It sparked my interest because that's truly how it is...but whatever you meant for it to be about, it's great. You have an awesome way with words. Check out some of my work? :)

LadyScarlet said...
Aug. 8, 2010 at 1:38 am

I was wondering if it was my experiences brought to the poem, but I see the undercurrent as well.

Either way - amazing.

lexi10824 said...
Jun. 17, 2009 at 12:39 am
I've read several of your poems. They are all inspirational and definately seasonal. This particualar one is awesome...keep it up! <3

Duckie430 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is really beautiful

Anonymous This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
wow. i love this.. i can see what others se, but mabe i can see an undercurrent as well? mabe this isnt all about spring? whatever it is, its great.

iseehowitis777 said...
Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:35 am
this is amazing, i love the imagery, keep writing, you're really good =]

JustMeBnI said...
Jan. 26, 2009 at 3:11 am
i thought it was deep and can be interpreted many ways, relating to every reader in a different way

ShamrockWriter said...
That was good. Nice flow and I agree that the imagery was great. Very insightful. And it makes me even more ready for spring to come! Very nice. Love the title too. Keep Writing!

EverlastingWords said...
I love the imagery. Very pretty. I like how you are describing how winter makes you feel enclosed and sheltered. Its just you need to capitalize words.

DANIELLEMARIEXO said...
REALLY GREATT ITT CAPTURES THEE BEAUYY ANDD REALITY OFF SPINGG <3