You See White and I See Blue

You see white and I see blue,
But it kills me knowing I'm not you
To feel your emptiness inside
And the hurt you cannot hide.

So I stare at the wall
And see the white
And I try to picture your endless fight.
But the wall doesn't scream the way you do,
And I am left to see the blue.

June W. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 5:12 am:
Thank you :)

WrenArrington said...
Jun. 4 at 11:47 pm:
First of all, I'd like to say that the title really caught my attention-- it's original and it made me wonder what the colors were going to represent, so basically I was hooked before I even looked at the poem :) I enjoyed the simplicity of the words themselves while there was a much deeper meaning and a good deal of emotion below the surface. I liked the length; it's hard to get through a poem sometimes when you feel it's too long. Great job--five stars :)

ephemeralThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 2 at 6:25 pm:
I like, in a dream way, the motif of colors to represent something much larger and much messier that what they can truly portray. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something I really love about your use of that in this poem. It's short, but it's effective in communication (something that is hard with simplifying too much, so I really commend you on that). Your collection of poems is consistently drenched with talent, and I hope you decide to post more

June W. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 4 at 5:44 am :
Thank you so much for your feedback! And don't worry I have more work I want to post here