Cancer: Reborn

I found out today that my grandfather has cancer as well.
Not again.
I felt my heart slowly break as I watched my father rub his face.
"Prostate cancer", he said.
"So it's treatable, right, he'll be fine. Grandma made it through."
"Yeah, he'll be fine".
I don't know if it's the way he leans on my mother for support, or the sadness betraying itself in his eyes, that makes me realize, what if he's not okay, not strong enough. What if he's too weak. And as I sit at my computer, reading poem after poem on relationships and breakups, I know that this may be worse. So I am hoping for the best, because all you can ever do is hope.

RozaAlexanderThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 11:16 am:
This is really good, the honest emotions are flooding from this.

Literature_Darling said...
Apr. 4 at 8:07 pm:
Great! It captures the emotion of the momemt perfectly! 

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 2 at 7:03 pm:
Hey there! This is a really good piece.. I really like this line, "I don't know if it's the way he leans on my mother for support, or the sadness betraying itself in his eyes..." You are a really good writer. I like that you included quotes in here, quotes always make me love a poem even more. :) I am really sorry about your grandfather. Cancer runs in my family, too. I will pray for you and your family! Great job! Xx!

E.J.MathewsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 1 at 1:45 pm:
I am so sorry about your grandpa. I hope that he gets better as well. You are an amazing writer btw. I can't find the other piece you wanted me to read, so I hope that it's okay that I read some other of your poems.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 28 at 4:08 pm:
This is so heart-braking. I feel the grave emotion you use. I hope you grandfather is okay. Know that despite all the pain you can always rely on God to help you, even if you don't believe in Him. Maintain that hope even in the tough times. Great poem. I too wrote a poem on cancer called The Cherry Trees, mind reading it?