Pure Soul

My heart is my one refuge,
The only thing that I really own.
Sad fact, it’s also the one,
To metamorphosis which is prone.

Fresh like early morning dew,
It can be put in any mould
Pretty, elegant and fascinating ones,
Or even ones which are cruel and cold.

It is a lonely wandering firefly,
True destiny yearning to learn
Innocence changes to Ignorance,
If not directed at every turn.

Each emotion, passion something new,
Little known and absolutely unsuspected
That of the star to that of the atom,
All good knowledge is to be respected.

Vicious infections are but spread,
That turn my heart completely blind.
Ransack my sack, it’s what they do
Brainwash me, teach me nothing kind.

I curse those souls, those demented holds.

Those unhinged brains, falsifying my mind
Can’t think of what they’re so very proud,
And doubt if they’re even human kind.

Truth, kindness and virtues such
To them are only words.
Friendship, love and sincerity,
They think are known by nerds.

Then let’s take a stand, let’s fight
Let’s eradicate and abolish those
Who make our lives tight
Of sanity, lets give’em a dose.

And now I know, how much it counts
From the beginning, we justly guide;
The pure, sinless souls, so later they:
May, by the right path abide.

So let’s make a vow and swear an oath
Rectify and genuinely direct we sure will.
Steer them well through the dark gloams,
And will all evil sentiments kill.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 21 at 4:54 pm:
I'm with Hamza. And the last stanza just enraptured me. If you're starting a movement of opening the minds of the deceived minds, count me in. Everything about this is truth truth truth. 

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 4:58 am :
Oh, Mckay! It had been so long since you read something of mine, but I suppose I haven't posted anything new in a long time :P And  I do wish to start something like that, and I have counted you in. Be sure there comes a time when I shall call upon you to aid me lead this movement. Thank you for the feedback. Thank You.

HamzawaseemThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 22 at 2:52 am:
 The poem conquered a site in my heart. So meaningful and genuinely true. Thanks for sharing the poem.   P.S: How did you discover me on teenink? just asking...

Apr. 22 at 2:44 pm :
Hahah I guess you asked here and I commented the answer to your question on the other one....Haha.... I'm so happy.......... Thank YOU!

Apr. 22 at 3:08 pm :
So did you like my stuff enough to come back and read more now and then??? :P

HamzawaseemThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 23 at 2:42 am :
yes yes yes! i love your stuff

Apr. 24 at 5:12 am :
Wow that's amazing.. Thank you.

Apr. 24 at 5:07 pm :
Welcome!!!

CameandgonesmartyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 29 at 7:53 pm:
I really liked this poem; really different than what i've seen before. It was a really thought stimulating piece. Nicely written.

Jan. 30 at 3:44 am :
Thank You for taking the time out to read it. I'm glad you liked it... :D

nmk1128 said...
Jan. 29 at 4:52 pm:
It's a very interesting poem - more like an anthem to the end. I'm a little confused as to why you started off talking about the heart and then derailed, in a way, to emotional and then eventually into this "call for arms" type anthem. However, I did enjoy your diction and imagery; it gave me great "mind pictures" to play with while I read. 

Jan. 30 at 3:51 am :
Well,  actually the heart, I think, is what plays a great role in all the decisions we make, that's why I explain firstly how easily it can be influenced into making the wrong (or even right sometimes) choices....Actually this one is kind of like...well something through which I charged my anger at terrorists...I wrote it a long time ago when the anger was still fresh 'cause at that time I lived in an area much victimized by them and I heard such horrifying stories about how they mi... (more »)