I Miss You Cuz | Teen Ink

I Miss You Cuz

By awray0 GOLD, Seymour, Indiana
awray0 GOLD, Seymour, Indiana

“Be very careful if you make a woman cry, because God counts her tears. The woman came out of a man’s rib: Not from his feet to be walked on. Not from his head to be superior, but from the side to be equal. Under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved.”

live laught love

hope is love and forgivness

live life as if you die tomorrow

fake it till you make it

face up to the music an grab the bull by the horns

you never lose by loving you lose by holding back

its alright letting yourself go as long as you can get yourself back up

she never gave up on my mom is my hero

my mom had a great deal of trouble with me but i think she enjoyed it

i dont judge you for what you belief in so why judge mine.

Your story travels fast. Your story travels far. One day you live, breath, and laugh among those crazy friends. Never knowing it'd be your last. I sit here tonight and think of that. What I should've said, what I should've done never knowing your response to that. I think if I'd only been there that day that I could have saved you so it wouldn't have been your last. I knew one day I'd have to let you go but never in that way. I hate goodbyes so there be none today so promise to meet me some other day. Would've traded places with you in a heartbeat, but I know I can't do just that. For no price nor a soul, no one can change the Big Man's plan. From day one we've been great friends and promised to be till the very end. Some think that day has come but they are mistaken. Even tho there is some distance between us I'll still talk to you every chance I get. Even when it seems I have forgotten remember your in my every thought. So relax my friend and keep dreaming those dreams because one day they'll spread into wings.

This poem is dedicated to my cousin Derek. He lost his life at the age of 16 when he drowned in lake. One night I was sitting in my room and the first line just came into my head. A few day later this poem was read at his funeral.