So many diamonds.

Crystal diamonds fell into their hands.
For things they lost,
To receive such infinity.

Soon, they spilled from their hands,
To the frigid floor,
Where so many diamonds lied.

No more laughing,
No more joy,
Just too many diamonds.

Pure,
Inclusive diamonds,
Spilling from their eyes.

sadesddThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 1 at 2:32 pm:
I love how you likened tears to to diamonds, makes the poem more cold and dark in a beautiful but "frigid" way.

BlueAndRedInk said...
Jan. 12 at 7:49 pm:
that's really something. the imagery in is is flawless

iamfeelingudThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 12 at 3:00 pm:
wow! this is such a beautiful poem!

kairi.kaylynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 12 at 3:09 pm :
Thank you! ^///^

nmk1128This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 12 at 10:36 pm :
How come you used diamonds to symbolize tears?

Jan. 15 at 11:13 am :
It's partly just the way I see them. Like how in light, tears sort of glimmer. The infinity part is talking about how you receive lots of sympathy and care when you're sad. Sometimes money (diamonds in a way). But then they fall to the floor because getting "diamonds" isn't helping. They want what they lost to come back. Sadly, that won't happen and all they get are diamonds.