I Love You Like a Bach Sarabande This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

We will sit by the fire in
the days after Christmas
as you hum “Friendly Persuasion” and
lean against my shoulder.

We will watch as the world
slowly melts the
winter that has lasted
our entire lives.

We will tuck our instruments
under our chins
(You on viola and me on violin)
and converse with lustful phrases in
the manner of lovers.

Hush,
Hush.
This cadence has a tragic decrescendo.

mereCatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 1:47 am:
Stunning. You've somehow made all the lines turn into musical phrases. I especially love the last line.

HPRGSuperFanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is SOOOO beautiful! I play the viola, and not only is it awesome to be mentioned in such a cool poem, but it's nice to finally have someone know what a viola is. Ha, ha--I'll be sure to check out more of your stuff!

ladybugsrockThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:17 am:
This poem is amazing:) I love the stanza about "melting the winter away"! I play cello so this poem especially speaks to me! I will check out more of your poems, be sure to check out mine!

I8GrassThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:07 am:
I swear I can hear the tearful symphony in the background on this one