The Siren’s Song This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The moon glistened on the sandy shore
midnight blue was the sky
waves washed to the banks
rushing out as I walked by

shells shimmered in the moonlight
the night lonely
but warm
my feet wandered the shores
the waves rose
like a billowing cape
only to slide back from the sand
broken and torn

the world fell silent
the wind grew still
a cry
a song
uttered out of the dark
through the shrill night air
I turned, looked but found
no one there

suddenly I felt a presence
somewhere near
I followed the shore
till it came to an end
out on the waves
not far from where I was then

a creature
I hadn't seen before
with a tail of silver
that glowed in the moonlight
with the face of a women
and hair like the snow
a song on her lips
she swayed to and fro

I gasped,
I gawked, standing there
under the radiant moon

A light
A snap
breaking the darkness
shattering her song
into the waters' depths
she was gone

But sometimes when
the moon glistens on the sandy shore
when the sky is midnight
when the waves rise
like a billowing cape
when the world is silent
and the wind is still
the siren sings her song
swaying to and fro
Her song will forever remain
unknown.

Lawless-FlameRoseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is wonderful but how did you get it in the mag

3dancerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:58 pm :
 Thanks :) I don't really know. But I revised this poem like six different times before I submitted it, and I tried to make it as descriptive as possible. So that you can picture everything in your head. I'm glad you liked it cause I worked really hard on it!

RolledthestoneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:23 am :
It was good. Very decriptive but maybe you need a bit more adjectives. Don't limit yourself to one adjective per noun, explore, describe without boundaries. The crisp, brisk, cool and cold wind licked at my hair. Something like that. Awesome poem anyway!  

Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:51 pm :
Thanks yeah. I was originally going to use more adjectives but I took a bunch of them out cause I thought it was too much. Maybe I should have kept them.