ALPHABET

A—A is sturdy, dependable; an artist’s easel from the side. It shows itself proudly.
B—B is a lumpy backpack, bursting and bulging with all that is needed to brave the backwoods.
C—C is open-ended: half of a circle. A question to be answered.
D— An empty bow that should be dangerous, but lacks the arrow. It can now do nothing but wait.
E—A squat brick wall, open on one side, but still holding up. E is well-worn, used often.
F—The curving brace of an archway, only supportive with its pair.
G—It forms a curving park bench with an umbrella overhead that blocks the sun only in the morning.
H—A Gymnast’s bar, flexible but strong.
I—The simplest of all forms: the straight line.
J—When you take I and look at it through a convex lens, you get the J: only slightly curved.
K—Pulling aside the curtains before a musical, you can just barely make out the K in the folds of the fabric.
L—A right angle: square, and decisive, standing proud.
M—M once stood a taut tightrope, but now sags deeply.
N—A live accordion, notes escaping vibrantly from deep within its folds as an old man plays.
O—A circle. The perfect measure of infinity; forever closed.
P—P is a noisemaker: standing straight, it pops a little at the tip.
Q—A little loop-the-loop, with the tail still sticking out the end. Q is curly, kinky, funky.
R—R is gracefully curving, a dancer in tendue: muscles taut but graceful, arms lifted proudly over the head.
S—Slipping and curving sinuously, the double curve of the S craves the dark.
T—T is ubiquitous, a table squeezed on the sidewalk in front of a busy restaurant. So common, no one looks twice.
U—Bending and rocking deeply, the U can only sing bass.
V— V is bright and sharp, a blade on a knife.
W— It wavers up and down time and time again, to end looking at the sky.
X— Definitive, but guarding. A gate barring the way into realms unknown.
Y— A broken rake, propped up sadly against the side of a garden shed. It sits there forgotten, gathering dust until the world falls apart around it.
Z—The sharp turns of the Z stop abruptly, but finally.

Atl.Braves03 said...
I thought it was great. Definitely a good idea. I think it would be cool if you incorporated the letter you're talking about in the lines about it (Ex. What you did with "B") Alliteration. 

Snowflakes said...
Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:46 am:
Oh my gosh. I normally dislike poetry, but I absolutely loved this! The ideas were incredibly creative and it was a thrill to read. My only criticism is that you started off with 'A - A is...'  and then in the middle you lost that routine, and then at the end it returned. It kind of made it lose the rhythm a bit; i personally think it should be 'A - A is...' 'B - B is...' all the way through because in my opinion it sounds a lot better :)
Overall, this is a bri... (more »)

AthenaMarisaDeterminedbyFateThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Dec. 14, 2012 at 6:33 pm :
I really like the idea of creating a description of every letter in the alphabet, and I loved your ideas. This was a really great poem. :)