w/a/n/t | Teen Ink

w/a/n/t

By McCauliflower SILVER, Whitinsville, Massachusetts
McCauliflower SILVER, Whitinsville, Massachusetts

“There's nothing fundamentally wrong with people. Given a story to enact that puts them in accord with the world, they will live in accord with the world. But given a story to enact that puts them at odds with the world, as yours does, they will live at odds with the world. Given a story to enact in which they are the lords of the world, they will ACT like lords of the world. And, given a story to enact in which the world is a foe to be conquered, they will conquer it like a foe, and one day, inevitably, their foe will lie bleeding to death at their feet, as the world is now.”

I want to be a vibrant valley,
Rolling hills for miles to see.
Let the vast blue ocean,
Take me up, down, swallow me.

I want to be a growing redwood,
Reaching up into the sky.
I am the rain that's pouring down,
Raise your fingers; feel me cry.

I want to be the sun that shines,
Gleaming rays of life upon.
I want to be the creeping darkness,
And the beautiful colors of approaching dawn.

I want to be the whistling wind,
Caressing natures beautiful ways.
I want to be,

All of tomorrows ; and all of today's.

livisan SILVER said...
livisan SILVER, Miami, Florida

Bad spellers Untie!

You are an amazing poet!

Thank you so much it means alot to me:) Checking out your writing as soon as I'm done with this comment!

ladybugsrock SILVER, Billings, Montana

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wow this is truly amazing! You rock at rhyming and making everything flow together! You are going to be a poet someday i can tell!:) Please read, rate and comment on my poems too! Thanks!

on Sep. 8 2012 at 11:54 am

Thank you so much!

Shortblueeyes224 DIAMOND, Auburntown, Tennessee

"Are We Happy Plastic People"- Casting Crowns "While we're sung to sleep by philosophies that save the trees and kill the children" - Casting Crowns "It's such a secret place, the land of tears"Antoine de Saint-Exupery

This is really good...I love it :)