"Mr. Lamborghini" This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

What about me?

You pass me like you roll a stop sign:
You know it's wrong,
But you do it anyway.
Well now we're on the freeway;
There's no slowin' down.
Can't you wrap your head around
That?
It's nothing profound.

Full speed ahead.
Spill it all out.
You screamed; you whined; you said.
You said everything,
And yet it's as if it was nothing.

But no, you're in a Lamborghini –
Special obligations to the whiney!
VIP access;
You confess:
“I'm the King –
Now stand up and sing.”
You're no big thing.

Sorry but it's not about how much
you got.
Your sports car is hardly a dot.
You're behind the wheel,
And that's what hinders her to seal the deal.

Buddy, sir, Mr. Lamborghini, I found some spare keys;
I will seize control –
'Cause what you got is nothing compared to what I do with it.

flanny This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i really liked the last line, when she shows defiance against him and rebels against his superiority,

Indiewriter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:45 pm :
Thank you.(:

Ga-GahKayMarie said...
Love! No criticism to give sorry, Love the image its like a story i just read :) very nice!

Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:44 pm :
Thank you!(:

Nguyenkhanhtran said...
This poem is very...joyful, i feel like a child looking at the other's vanity, but couldn't understand it. Aptly summing up your topics too. The flow of the poem itself spells carefree, utter truth and simplicity...this style, is also a pleasant contrast to my works. But unlike a reflective one, yours is an analogy, yours unplanned and perceptive. Good work- i do hope those things said are heard, that is all :) 

Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:48 pm :
Thank you so much!! You seem to have a deeper insight to the world of poetry.(: It took me a while to figure out your comment, but thanks! --indiewriter<3

thetruthawaits94 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
WOW! I love this poem! It's really very very good. I think the title is just so perfect. It sets the mood for the whole poem. The flow of the poem was perfect! My favorite line is definitely the first one. It is so unique! The entire poem is so.. COOL. That is just how it reads! :) Congrats on Editor's Choice! It was certainly well deserved! Could you check out some of my works published on the site and critique them? Also, I've got a poem called "The Balcony" in the forums... (more »)

Aug. 16, 2012 at 12:19 pm :
Thanks!!!!(: Could you check out "Nude"? You'll see it under song lyrics on the most recently submitted section. I'll be sure to check out your poems too!!