Youth Changes Society

These young adults walk around with their heads so high. They don't even try... to change the world their living in. It's about to begin. Baby mamas here, crackheads there. Don't think it's just in the hood. It's everywhere. The show Teen Mom on Mtv, is mostly all whites. Why can you see? Society judges the minorities. To make us lower than we have to be. There's a big picture, bigger than us. Don't worry about what people think. Follow your gut! You don't need guns and knives to make a point. Just open your mouth and make some noise. I know there's drugs, peer pressure, alcohol and others, but when there's no adults just lean on each other. Some might be tempted to jump off the bridge. But I will stop you because you need to live. Youth today thinks the world owes them everything. Work hard and stay strong and you just might achieve anything. Don't let others bring you down. Above the influence and word gets around. You can be the starting line to change the world. We need millions to finsh. BOYS & GIRLS. Listen to me while you still have a chance... You need to be the one to say " LET'S MAKE A PLAN" !!!

Silver2black said...
Sept. 2, 2012 at 10:18 am
Very good work, Except that I think something's missing; I'm not so good at writing like so, 4/5 

Mr.DedicatedDetermination said...
I totally agree. Nowadays kids want to just be a part of everything instead  of changing things. And great poem :D

TraceOfSpades. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:02 am
This is really good. I like the overall message. Definitely spoke the truth. The structure of the pice could use touch-ups, though. Sme parts are a little confusing. Great meassage and overally nice job.