Making Excuses

I can't promise I won't hurt you.

My mouth and my brain don't think about others.

I know it seems like I am making excuses.

My heart doesn't trust people well.

I want to love and be loved as much as you.

My heart is always changing her mind.

I'm always hurting people.

I don't want to hurt anymore then I have to.

I swear I'm not making excuses.

I just don't want to hurt people anymore.

No more excuses I can promise you that.

DanielM said...
Aug. 2, 2012 at 10:01 am:
Kiry.... 3 words.. Your really good! This poem speaks to me alot. I can relate to the part where you said I always hurt people. I know how that feels.

xXxXangelXxXxThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 1, 2012 at 11:49 am:
luved it..  i liked the part wen u say" my heart dont trust people well.... my heart is always chaging her mind" i really like that part.. keep it up!

Sidewinder This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 1, 2012 at 9:38 am:
Another good poem. I sort of have the same issue presented in this piece, so I can relate. Nice work.

nakubaraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 30, 2012 at 2:52 pm:
Very strong! Exellent work, keep it up!

-QUEENCOURT-neyElaineThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 31, 2012 at 8:27 am :
Very interesting poem, full of emotion.. great work :)