If I die

If I die in my sleep I want you to take my dreams
If I die in the blink of an eye I want you to take my sight
If I die because God needs an angel I want you to take my wings
If I die because you stop loving me I want to take my heart and my memories
Hold my heart next to yours as you watch my memories, our lives flash by
If you do what I ask I will live forever

PurpleTesoro said...
Love this.....and the picture! and u got my full attention with the title...NICE!! Keep writting!!!!!!!

TraceS. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like the imagery in this one. The line about God was pretty original. Nice job.

caitiekate said...
beautiful poem!! it's short, but powerful enough to stay in your mind!! i like the repetition too (:

Silver-winged said...
I LOVE IT, i love the repetition, this poem is very beautiful. 5 stars for sure.

Writer_Jordan said...
I love it, so powerful and beautiful. You let a lot of the emotions seep through in every word.

hippiechick99 said...
Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:20 am
This is really beautiful... Your poems amaze me. Every single time. I hope you keep writing, Your poems are great and inspiring, though sometimes dark. I'll be looking forward to more of your work :)

CelestaCuffrig said...
This is delightful... Your simple writing style makes your short poems that much more meaningful (: I love your expressions like "Hold my heart next to yours..." and "...take my wings...". There is a thin line on what is over the top, and what will make your readers want more. You definitely have the latter in your writing! Kepp it up (:

Triumph replied...
Your writing is amazing, it was very short and sweet and to the point but it was beautiful.