My beautiful Grandma | Teen Ink

My beautiful Grandma

May 23, 2012
By Pinkrose BRONZE, Springfiield, Massachusetts
Pinkrose BRONZE, Springfiield, Massachusetts
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Grandma was a beautiful person inside and out. She was encouraging and she was thoughtful. She was passionate and she was kind. She was caring, never asking for anything. She gave and didn't expect anything in return. She was a daughter, a sister, a niece, an aunt, a cousin, a mother, a friend and a grandmother. She was strong, not weak. Oh... How strong she was. Words can’t even begin to describe it. Even up until her final moments, she was strong. She loved her friends and family and she was deeply loved in return. She would say that she was proud of us, and because she said that, we were proud of ourselves. She would tell us we are beautiful and we believed we were. She would tell us 'Go for it baby.' and we felt enough confidence to go after anything. Her voice soothed us and her words helped us. She was the kind of person that you could go for anything. I you needed comfort, a shoulder to cry on, someone to talk to, or if you just wanted to spend some quality time with her, she was always there no matter what. She was a lot of things and one of the things that stood out was her wisdom. She used her past as a teaching tool. She would tell us stories and have a lesson at the end of it. Stories of her childhood, when she raised her four kids, when she lost her oldest son and her only daughter, when she met her soul mate and so on... Our grandparents had a love that words cannot describe. We asked her once “Do you love him?” and her beautiful green eyes lit with love and adoration and said “Oh yes… He’s the love of my life.” And we saw her think of their times together and she smiled brightly. Her smile and her eyes are something we will always love. We close our eyes and imagine her face... She was beautiful. She was everything to us. When she passed, a hole tore at our heart. We had lost our inspiration. Natalie always said she was superwomen. We’ve always believed nothing could stop her because she was such a fighter. Grandma did NOT want us to cry over her. She wanted us to celebrate her. As strong as she was, she suffered. Knowing that she can no longer suffer anymore, knowing she can’t cry anymore because of how much it hurts, it fills up that hole. She’s okay now. She’s safe and in God’s arms. She’s with Mama Paulita, she’s with Papa Joaquin, she’s with her dad and she’s with her two kids that had also passed... She was a soldier and now she’s an angel. Our guardian angel, and oh, what a beautiful angel she is.


The author's comments:
My grandma had passed away recently and she had meant a great big deal to my cousin and me. We both wrote this. This is something in honor of her.. I hope people can read this and realize that they should always tell their loved ones how much they care about them..