Odysseus & Calypso

You take my breath away a handsome devil you are. I get chills at your touch. Oh Odysseus how I love you so why do you sit and mope at the sea below? My dear Calypso, I mope around so for I am sad yearning to be home. Ithaca is my place to be. I have a family who needs me. For your beauty may be greater than hers. But my wife and our love will never fail so ... so long and farewell. Odysseus you must leave me so. I do not understand. Oh Odysseus do not leave I gave you a home, food, water, love and comfort when no one else would not. I will miss you Odysseus my love. I shall remember these years we have spent together. The precious love we have made. Odysseus it was you I chose and that choice which I’ll say, leave now return home, to your land, to the maids, to her your wife Penelope. For you'll grow old with age, but I can make him immortal if you stay. Odysseus you take my breath away I get chills at your touch. Oh Odysseus how I love you so, why do you sit and mope at the sea below?

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love the repetition and the imagery great job!!

LinkinPark12 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I've never learnt about Odysseus and Calypso (but they're Greek Gods, right?)  at school but you gave me a detailed picture of what the situation was :) I'm not sure if this is a poem (because of the layout) but it was really good :D