September This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The leaves transform from green to yellow to red,
the vibrant colors swirling together on nature's palette,
blending in faster and faster strokes,
until all that's left is an ugly brown that curls its subject into a frown of disgust.
Figures withered and wasted and fading,
falling farther and farther from the memory of summer,
of warm breezes and beaches
and late nights beneath green trees and
freedom from that wretched institution that shall not be named.
Now it has only been a few weeks
and already the world has completely changed.

ChobaniLuvinPenguinThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This poem is powerful and beautiful. It flows extremely well and the descriptions are vivid. I can't help reading this poem over and over again and discovering something new each time. AMAZING JOB!!!!!!

Christopher K. said...
masterful description...reminds me of how glorious my birthday month is  

Prehistoric-FoolThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I like the last two lines, but i feel like the poem couldve been developed a little bit better (not sure how to word it) Good job! Keep it up(:

pandagirl312 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Great job!!! I especially love it because I was born in September :) I really like the last two lines in particular. Nice work!!!

Apollo77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 30, 2012 at 5:34 am:
I really like this a lot! I love the colors and painting, but my favorite part is the last two lines, "now it has only been a few weeks, and already the world has completely changed." it is a perfect description of the changing seasons. The look back into summer is done really well, i get like a flashback and hat is so cool! Really really good!

InkWriter13 said...
Jun. 21, 2012 at 2:36 pm:
Absolutely beautiful!! Wow. A lovely, vivid depiction of this change in seasons. I love how you took a common topic and showed it in a different way. Wonderful all the way through. I love the use of colors and the metaphor to painting. Done effectively and with clarity. GREAT work. :D Would you please comment on my poems titled the Warmth of Life and Without the Writer

rubyred said...
Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:13 am:
This is reeeeeaaaallllly good Chelle!!! You're an incredible writer -- I dont know how you do it! :D