Ink-stained Wrists

June 9, 2012
By StarlitSunrise DIAMOND, Clemmons, North Carolina
StarlitSunrise DIAMOND, Clemmons, North Carolina
56 articles 0 photos 253 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing." ~Camille Pissarro


I can't form a proper fist
To crown this lovely ink-stained wrist
I'm too scatterbrained to fight
There's more important things in sight

Words connect with crooked strings
That from my torn pages scream
I'm so scared they won't be heard
Like little ever-grounded birds

Messy rooms make sleeping hard
When windows show a starlit yard
Sometimes I think I might fly
If they were to open into sky

Sheets are good for draining tears
That wait in line through all my years
Dark is brighter in the night
And beautiful just out of sight

Biking to a haunted house
Sometimes I see dead leaves pounce
Listeners hear so much more
When they stop to break down lonely doors

Reaching out to care's a feat
So don't let gumption take a seat
No one is a open book
You'll never know if you don't look

Don't let moments slip away
Nothing here has plans to stay
When pains are numerous as fists
Dare to stain your broken wrists



Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 8 comments.


on Apr. 5 2013 at 8:39 pm
StarlitSunrise DIAMOND, Clemmons, North Carolina
56 articles 0 photos 253 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing." ~Camille Pissarro

Thanks! :)

on Apr. 2 2013 at 5:27 pm
bookmouse BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
1 article 90 photos 251 comments
I also like the second to last stanza! Especially "no one is an open book"

on Feb. 18 2013 at 11:13 am
SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other
75 articles 16 photos 1143 comments

Favorite Quote:
I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

The title just PULLED me ..haha...:D

on Feb. 17 2013 at 12:06 pm
StarlitSunrise DIAMOND, Clemmons, North Carolina
56 articles 0 photos 253 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing." ~Camille Pissarro

Thank you! I am glad you found it interesting. :)

on Feb. 17 2013 at 10:33 am
SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other
75 articles 16 photos 1143 comments

Favorite Quote:
I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

It was an interesting read and I love the title LOVE IT! ,...the second last stanza, amazing! Good work!

KayKay6 GOLD said...
on Jun. 19 2012 at 9:01 am
KayKay6 GOLD, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
10 articles 0 photos 33 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Poetry comes from the heart, it is not something that is just made up"

Your welcome :D and I'm glad that you did submit this one. It doesnt seem to jumpy to me, and I guess the edititors didnt think so either cause they posted it. lol xD

on Jun. 17 2012 at 7:00 pm
StarlitSunrise DIAMOND, Clemmons, North Carolina
56 articles 0 photos 253 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing." ~Camille Pissarro

Thank you so much! To tell the truth, I really wasn't so sure about submitting this one (it is sort of jumpy and random). So that really means a lot. :)

KayKay6 GOLD said...
on Jun. 15 2012 at 8:28 am
KayKay6 GOLD, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
10 articles 0 photos 33 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Poetry comes from the heart, it is not something that is just made up"

This was really good, I think that my favoriate part of it was the last stanza where you were talking about how you shouldnt let moments slip away, that gave me a reality check. And the whole pain thing with the wrist, is just, wow. i can't put it into words..keep writting. :)


SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!