It's a War

It’s a War
There’s a war going on and the battlefield is all around us/The enemy is not holding back so fighting is a must/So many deaths by the enemy’s hand/So many have fallen, but one has gotten up to stand/You cannot see our enemy but you know it’s there/It causes so many deaths but doesn’t seem to care/Hunger is our enemy - the world’s most wanted/Mostly innocent men, women, and children it has haunted/Hunger is cruel and kills its victims very slow/We do not own it yet, but one day hunger will be under our control/
Hunger does not give up but it progresses/While it attacked we have defended/But we cannot trust in our fort’s walls/They are beginning to crumble, soon they will fall/This was never a small problem, but a world crisis/So if you’re yelling out for help, I hear your cries/
There is a secret weapon that can take hunger by surprise/
Hope. This thing we can depend on/Hunger is not going to conquer us because on this earth we belong/ So hunger, we can take whatever you have in store/And if you’re with me, give a salute and remember – we are at war