Following the Fall | Teen Ink

Following the Fall

May 17, 2012
By VianiIdalysxo SILVER, Atlantic City, New Jersey
VianiIdalysxo SILVER, Atlantic City, New Jersey
5 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"The things you do when no one is looking is what defines you."
"Without bitter, sweet isn't so sweet after all."


We used to be something surreal but, we fell to the side and watched ourselves die, not pausing or asking questions just following the fall. Maybe we'll work out like people in the movies but, we both know Romeo must die before the ending- when the final drop of poison kissed the liver gently. We realized this was definitely the real ending never made an excuse or tried to survive, we just followed the fall, no tears, just silence which screamed louder than teen arguments. I could hear it and so could you but, this phased neither of our numb minds or broken hearts. Staring into each other eyes just following the fall. Still and calm we stood like manikins our beating life-lines solid, cold nothing close to bold anymore. When did this happen? A better question is why? Our brains never cared to ask, just following the fall. We have broken things where our hearts should be and we can't seem to fix not even one piece. So we just stood. Stood tall, cold and blank. Should we have cared? Try to stop all the nonsense and get a hold of ourselves? I would never know all because all we did was follow the fall.


The author's comments:
This piece was inspired by past situations and emotions I've experienced, a lot of my writing is inspired by things that happened in my life, sort of my way of letting my emotions out and I really enjoy it and I hope my audience will too. Please comment & tell me what you think or if you have any request, tips, anything feel free to tell me :)