Where do I stand? | Teen Ink

Where do I stand?

By tifftpoo BRONZE, Colorado Springs, Colorado
tifftpoo BRONZE, Colorado Springs, Colorado

Days are longer, and weeks seem to go by like years. Why won’t he make a decision? Why does this have to be so difficult? And how did I get put into this situation?

Two days ago, it seemed like you and I were perfect. Steffani and Lawrence. If you were so in love with her, why did you come towards me? I feel as if a knife has been stabbed in my heart too many times. Why can’t you just pick me? If she only stayed out of what we had and kept to herself.

I feel as if I’m the blame for everything. The fault to a tragic event. I made the choice to sit there and wait; but, I hurt myself more than anything. Why can’t you chase me and show me how much I mean to you? I feel as if my heart has dropped to the bottom of the earth and crushed.

You meant the world and more to me. I could explain over and over to how much you meant to me; but, that means nothing to you. A brake is where we stand when inside I want you. My tears roll down my face like darts hitting the ground. I deserve so much better but yet I wait for you.

“I miss you too,” repeats in my head over and over. The memories we shared are embedded in my mind. I can’t stop asking myself why. He shattered my heart and I don’t even get an apology. And yet I hold on to everything we had. The memories, the hopes, and the dreams.

And this is where I stand. Alone in a quiet room. With loneliness eating my happiness. Why aren’t you here? I’m stuck with sleepless nights and Bruno Mars singing to my depression.

This peice was written through the confusion of a broken hearted girl who is troubled through a rocky relationship.