Where do I stand? | Teen Ink

Where do I stand?

May 11, 2012
By tifftpoo BRONZE, Colorado Springs, Colorado
tifftpoo BRONZE, Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Days are longer, and weeks seem to go by like years. Why won’t he make a decision? Why does this have to be so difficult? And how did I get put into this situation?


Two days ago, it seemed like you and I were perfect. Steffani and Lawrence. If you were so in love with her, why did you come towards me? I feel as if a knife has been stabbed in my heart too many times. Why can’t you just pick me? If she only stayed out of what we had and kept to herself.


I feel as if I’m the blame for everything. The fault to a tragic event. I made the choice to sit there and wait; but, I hurt myself more than anything. Why can’t you chase me and show me how much I mean to you? I feel as if my heart has dropped to the bottom of the earth and crushed.








You meant the world and more to me. I could explain over and over to how much you meant to me; but, that means nothing to you. A brake is where we stand when inside I want you. My tears roll down my face like darts hitting the ground. I deserve so much better but yet I wait for you.


“I miss you too,” repeats in my head over and over. The memories we shared are embedded in my mind. I can’t stop asking myself why. He shattered my heart and I don’t even get an apology. And yet I hold on to everything we had. The memories, the hopes, and the dreams.







And this is where I stand. Alone in a quiet room. With loneliness eating my happiness. Why aren’t you here? I’m stuck with sleepless nights and Bruno Mars singing to my depression.


The author's comments:
This peice was written through the confusion of a broken hearted girl who is troubled through a rocky relationship.