Pet Peeve! | Teen Ink

Pet Peeve!

By ItsDasiaVu SILVER, Baltimore, Maryland
ItsDasiaVu SILVER, Baltimore, Maryland

"Don't stop believing."

Me: Yes or No?

You: Well.. idk..

Me: YES OR NO?!

I HATE that! I didn’t say Yes, I don’t know, or No.. I said Yes OR No, Either or, Not in between. You choose ONE! Not even just Yes or No, but Not picking one thing or the other. I can understand you being indecisive, but eventually you have to choose! It’s like you’re not sure about life. If when you say No, You’ll die, and If you say Yes, you’ll die. If you pick this, you’ll die. If you pick that, you’ll die. So basically you feel as though you’re going to DIE if you answer the question “either ory”. That really grinds my gears!

Imagine, You’re having a conversation with someone.. And you say “Hey, do you think I should jump off this bridge?” If the person hates you, they’ll say yes. If the person loves you, they’ll say no. THERE. IS. NO. SUCH. THING. AS. “I love-hate you” so I Don’t Know shouldn’t even come out of their mouth! On a more realistic note. Your mom asks you “Do you want Ham or Turkey on your sandwich” Even though your greedy, and you want both, you can only pick one. So if you say Ham, You get ham. If you say Turkey, you get turkey. But if you say “I don’t Know” or “I can’t choose” then you don’t get any meat! You’ll sit there, and eat a vegetable sandwich! Mayonnaise and lettuce, that’s it! Now.. I doubt you would be happy with that sandwich, so why don’t you just THINK for a second and chose! Don’t even put the words “I don’t know” in the same sentence.

If you asked me “Hey, Dasia, Does this outfit make me look good or bad?” and I say “Hmm, let’s see, I DON’T KNOW.” How would you feel? Pretty darn confused that’s what. You’d walk around the whole day questioning your appearance because of my response! Think about where I’m coming from with this, and tell yourself if you understand or don’t understand.. ONLY Understand and don’t understand.

Pet Peeves