Love is.. | Teen Ink

Love is..

There's this funny little thing called love. It can come and go like a gust of wind. It can be painful, it can be the best feeling in the world. Love is something you never know when it's coming or how you'll receive it. But when you have it, you never wanna let go. Love is something most think should come to them automatically, others look and look for it. As sad as it may seem, most or some of us will go through relationships more than we do clothes. But sometimes that's what it takes for someone to eventually find love. Love is the most twisted, confusing, ridiculous, stressful thing out there. I wonder how some people are able to put up with it, I wonder why people continue to let themselves get hurt and stabbed in the back. It's love, it's what people do. The reward of it all is to be able to share with someone the secrets you thought you'd carry to your grave. The ability to trust someone with all that you have and know it is returned. That feeling where you can be your complete self around someone and not change at all. Most of all, that feeling where you get the most joy and happiness just from the sight of them.

Ultimately, it's the most wonderful, bittersweet feeling...shared between two people that can develop into the biggest adventure of a lifetime, no matter what gender you are <3

What inspired me to write this piece was not to go on a rant about love, but to simply share that amazing feeling of being in love. I hope people realize from this that there is love out there for everyone, no matter what.