In the open

n the open where I lay I stare out into the black sky as the rain pours down on me.
Thunder roars and the lighting cracks, closer and closer it gets.
But I do no move I do not budge and I hear the loud sound the sound most familiar to me.
The twister...
I see fences, crates and and more lift off the ground going into its mighty seed.
I close my eyes waiting.. knowing what was coming straight towards me.
I feel the wind pick and and a wailing of a train but not a train the twister.
I feel my self rising off the ground and into the mighty dome I go.
I spin and spin and spin and I never open my eyes and I never block the sound.
I feel everything that's around its hits me while I spin and I don't let out a single cry of pain I do not shed a single tear.
In the open where I lay my body now on the ground.
I open my eyes one last time and take my final breath.
And now I finally can sleep safe and sound.

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:41 am:
Awesome-sauce with talentoso on top:) ... Comment on my work?

RandomPoetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:17 pm :
Thank you :) totally will

AyeshaLiveLaughLove said...
Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:49 pm:
I am speechless. This is an amazing piece of work! I felt like I could imagine the whole thing. Your imagery was fantastic. Keep up the great work!(:

Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:14 am :
Thank you. I love to write poems like this one because i can sit down and imagine the whole thing going on while i write it.