Ambitious Kid | Teen Ink

Ambitious Kid

By peanut21 BRONZE, Fresno, California
peanut21 BRONZE, Fresno, California

"its all. . . . inevitable.

I got issues with anger, that people say my parents should control.
But my moms is in a hospital bed , and my father a stranger.
One of them base heads.
So i try to control it myself, never been alone in the world but i tend to ignore everyone else.
Its not like i try ti it just happens, please don't take it wrong . Its a habit. Like a disease its one of those things you can't change once you have it.
Friend from way back when want to know when i changed, i can only answer with when those men i called friends became snakes in the grass, unsheathed that dagger, and stabbed me in the back.
Now i let nobody get close , because the close ones will mess you up more than those you'll probably never know. Learned this chizz fast because i can't afford to pick it up slow, dudes be fake, females be fake, i don't see a difference.
I write like this with crazy superstar like persistence.
I have to, i saw my mom raise me, now that was a struggle, because i grew up faster than a play with no huddle.
They showed me pity like i didn't know my situation, but i did, so i worked hard for my fam, study hard, and pass every class,so i can grow up to be a real man.
Before i was five my path was selected, too smart all my life, so socially I've been rejected .
Until they figured out i could help them get that passing grade, that's why they wanted to be my friend until around the tenth grade. Called them out when i realized i was getting played.
First time i spoke up, they tried to silence me, told them phonies to be gone, there was no denying me.
wrote my first poem, had no idea i was so gifted for words,things then became a blur.
Recorded myself then played it, everything after then on out just seemed so jaded.

This piece was inspired, by actual conversations that me and others have had about my poetry and all of that good stuff.