Battle of the Lamb

Born of a virgin’s womb,
Pure amongst this fallen world’s kin.
The last hope of all sinning hearts,
The joy of angels from heaven above.
He fought the Devil,
Long and hard,
He fought him from the first.
All crimes He took,
Onto His holy self.
Upon a wooden post the Lamb fell,
To the dark pits of flame He was taken.
The Devil thought he’d won;
The Devil laughed in his prison.
Though before he knew it,
The Lamb had turned and gone.
For sinner He was not,
Like the corrupt beings He’d left.
The Lamb was resurrected,
In a stone tomb where His body lay in death.
The price for the sins,
Of the fallen world’s kin were paid.
Heaven opened its gate to the fallen world again.
Will they receive the given gift?
Or rot in in a fiery pit?
It’s for them to choose.
Their salvation was the victory,
For which was fought the battle of the Lamb.

libertymanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is a wonderful poem! I've been wanting to make a Christian poem, but did not know how to start. You have inspired me, thank you!

ShahiroThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Thankyou, and good luck libertyman!!

ClarabelleThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love the poem, especially the ending - it added more depth to Jesus's death

Thanks, I really worked on the last part because I wanted to get the ending right, its good to hear it turned out well! =D

Lizzy31This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 14, 2012 at 8:05 am
i loved it . you write so good , its great.

thank you!!!!

hippiechick99 said...
I love this! So amazigly describes the crusifixion and the love of Christ. I think God gave you a gift, and it's so great to meet some fellow Christians out there. Love you guys :)))))

Poetic_Person This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is really great! I am also a Christian, and  love to write poems about God! I intend to read more of your work! 

IMAdreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Thx, and no I just really wanted to write this one day so I did. I lov Jesus!

pandagirl312 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 6, 2012 at 10:47 am
I had never thought of writing a religious post. I really enjoyed this. Question for you... Was this written near Easter? I always feel really religious and peaceful near Easter... :)

iCheeto This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I loved this poem.  Your passion and respect for what you believe in shines through and is so strong, and the imagery is awesome.  I love the voice, it's an excellent piece all together.  Would you mind reading some of my stuff and telling me what you think?  Id really apprecuate it :)

IMAdreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Thx about your input, and sure-I'll check out your work! =:D

i am a Christ follower, and if u find the right inspiration it's easier to right.

illusions said...
Apr. 11, 2012 at 9:00 am
Great job! I have never been able to write a religious poam. May I ask what religion you are? You don't have to tell me if I'm being intrusive.