Ginger

Not by choice,
But by inheritance.

People will say:
“Your hair, I want it!”
But you don’t.

It’s not a blessing.
It’s a curse.

Not what you see
Trust me,
You don’t want it.

Not for your children.
Not for yourself.

When people say:
“Ginger!”
It’s terrible!
Annoying!

Not when people
Stare or yell.

Will anyone help?
No, they never will.
Why would they?

People will say
They love it!

But they don’t.
Not truly.
Why should they?

Like our hair?
It’s hidden criticism.

Listen to us?
Ha!
That’s crazy!

People are cruel.
We learn that at a young age.

Normal kids race up the block,
Go buy ice cream,
Or swim in the lake.

They laugh,
They jeer,
And they will never know,
How cruel life really is.

hypermagical said...
Ginger- I believe that you are beautiful regardless of your hair or any other physical aspect that you can't control. Your hair is not what makes you the amazing person that you are, that comes from your wonderful heart!  :)

Autumn1234 said...
i have the same problem, ppl LOVE my hair but i hate it. i can't do anything with it and when i straghten it, it just goes back to it's old poofy self.

SundressesAndFlipFlops replied...
May 22, 2012 at 11:54 am
I love my hair, but people i know say they love it and then talk behind my back about how its ugly... My BFF and almost sister says ignore them they're just jealous. You'll get the guy they would die to have... 

alex27 said...

loved reading it. keep the good work going :)

GingerGirlOnFire said...

HEY GUYS THANKS FOR READING!

Just want to ask that if you rate my artical can you PLEASE tell leave me a comment saying why you rated it what you did.

THANK YOU SO MUCH IT MEANS ALOT!

Evagline.Brisa.Wilder replied...
I know what you mean. One day at school, it was texted around the school that anyone with brown hair would get slapped on the butt! Could you respond back and look at my poems!

selenafan1 said...
Red hair is BEAUTIFUL! you are so lucky! Your red hair makes u who u are! Embrace it!

ilovetmi said...
just be true to your self! if dont like ur hair because people tease u about know this its because they are jealous and they took they time to think of you. dont care what they say! clary(tmi) has red hair and she is epic! i want red hair because it is ou of the ordinary and tbt im jealous of my friend who has red hair

torilutz8 said...
Mar. 25, 2012 at 10:51 am
I'm getting mixed emotions too. But honestly, when I say I love someone's red hair I mean it because it's exotic and beautiful. Hair color shouldn't bog ya down, it's not the pinnicle of life's meaning. If people are sucky about it, forget about them, it's their loss for caring about something so unimportant about a person as their hair color.

imawriter828 said...
I am getting mixed signals on your poem. I think you need to be a little more clear but I get what you mean.