Stories Unread

I read a book once
The pages came to life
The inky letters
Were animated
In my mind
My imagination wild
Of kings and princes
Ladies and knaves
Of long lost kingdoms
And the road they paved
For my little brown book
Of legends of old
The restless pages that
Sent me to bed
And the endless halls
Of stories unread.

taylor1226 said...
Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:55 am
great poem. :)

Basketball23 said...
I love this with a passion, it's so, I don't even know how to describe it, it's just perfect.  Great job :)

sherberteater said...
That was really good. keep it up!!!!!! I loved it!

AlaskaFrost This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow I absolutely LOVE this. It flows so nicely and even though it's short, it says so much!! I cannot properly say how I feel because I just love it so much!!! Definitely one of my favorites.

Tatiel said...

Like people have already said, I loveeee how relatable this is. =) In reading it, I'm reminded of all the times I've gotten lost in a book before. Love it. 

I especially like the first line. It really sets the mood for the rest of the poem, so whimsical and dreamy =) I normally dislike poetry that doesn't have an obvious rhyme scheme (unless it's T. S. Eliot's The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock. <3 XD), but this is the one exception I've come across yet on TeenInk. =)) ... (more »)

TwinnBears27 said...
This is a really nice poem. I especially like the way it captures the experience of reading in a simple way. Keep writing, please!

Paramour13 said...
Mar. 1, 2012 at 11:34 am
This is good. :) Would you check out some of my work?

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oh wow. That was really interesting to read. It is such an honest freeverse--and I like the fact that it is something I think we all can connect to. Keep writing! :)

EtherealThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 21, 2012 at 5:11 am
Thank you!