Catch Raindrops

Rain, rain

Never go away

I want you here

So I can run outside

To play

And splash

In the puddles

Till the dirt muddles

Our miniature lakes

And Look up to heaven

And catch raindrops

guardianofthestarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:41 am
I like how you used the familiar 'rain rain go away' and changed it up! Very creative and nice ^_^

readaholicThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
It's simple..yet elegant and full of truth. LoVe It!1!

Kiki_McGee said...
Whoo rain! Rain is amazing, especially thunderstorms. Anyways, I love how you modeled this off the old classic ("Rain, Rain Go Away") and then put your own twist on it.

TheGirlWhoDancesWithSnowflakes said...
Woot! A poem about wanting the rain to continue! FINALLY! :D I hate songs about rain having to go away. anyways, the poem is cute, light, and has a sense of innocence to it. I like it. :D

EtherealThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 13, 2012 at 5:42 am
thank you!

samiasaskia24 replied...
I agree, it's very cute!

loveissmilesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 16, 2012 at 7:19 am

simple, elegant, innocent, lovely.

I really like this, although it's not my style. But don't take that as me saying i don't like it, because i do, it's just most of the stuff i write is sad and morbid, because poetry is a release for me.

What i'm trying to say is that even though i would never write this, and it's not my style, i like it.