La Noche Que Nos Rodea This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

neither of us understood the words,
of this alone I am certain,
but we drank them ice-cold with lime
(and the night around us, oh the night)

we swam like fishes through the darkness
with the foreign edificios rising
beside us, strange castles
filled with everything we cannot say
(and the night, around us, oh – the night)

in our tangoing tongues,
we trip through thousands of miles
of thin air, the distance never so insignificant
as ahora con usted
(and the night. around us, oh! the night)

you say la música! do you hear? do you like?
and i hear only the bass beat of the engine,
the murmurs of the sleep-talking city
(and the night around us oh, the night – )

but I say me gusta as though this could be explanation
enough. it will never explain enough,
not in this brilliant, blinding evening
no hay palabras in any language for this
evening bursting like un volcano through me
and we are the lava, flowing together through the hillside
(oh and around us the night! the night!)

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:37 pm:
I loved this poem. I honestly mean it. I don't think I've envied anyone on this site till now. This poem is marvelous. I love the Spanish in here. Muy bello. Me encanta. Lo hiciste muy bien. Y estoy orgulloso de ti por escribir un poema sin igual. 

Imaginedangerous This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Please keep your comments positive and constructive. We'll remove anything inappropriate. Thanks!

Imaginedangerous This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 24, 2012 at 5:27 pm :

Okay, I have no idea what that ^ was about, but apparently my original comment didn't actually post.

This was great. I loved the flowing rhythm- the Spanish helped.

snaomi This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 24, 2012 at 5:44 pm :
Thank you!  Haha I was a little confused by the original comment lol but thanks :)

Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:57 pm :
It's the text that the website puts in the box before you start typing- I have no idea why it showed up.

beautifulspirit This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oh, just breathtaking! I love the infusion of Spanish---I just loved it~

Jan. 29, 2012 at 10:36 pm :
Thank you so much! :)