A Pink Watch, Portal, and Perpetual Sea

A pessimist would call it fate
a believer would fight it
but no twist on philosophy undermines reality

it hurts,
it really hurts.

I caught his eye's glimmer
for the last time
before he disappeared through the portal,
the portal that takes real life people away
and converts their existence in entirety
into a barrage of texts and memories.

He makes his way through,
as he continues to walk
I see myself unraveling from the inside out
I had forgotten to let go.

My eyes set sail on a long journey
through a sea of burning waters.

Tonic tears try to tear their way out,
I fight them.
They won't escape,
no please, don't let them escape...

Tears are unrelenting creatures,
if they can't find a way out
they will consume you.

After the waves settled,
they pool at heart of vulnerability,
where the pressure of the ocean is a constant reminder
of what is gone.

He left me with but memories,

and a pink watch
which haunts my dreams,
its diabolical laughter silently ticks away
the seconds remaining of eternity
in which my heart will
forever float in a sea.
A sea of un-shed tears.

AVERAGE said...
Feb. 21, 2012 at 11:20 am:
yes please i just posted something a few days ago ..u should check it out! :)

AVERAGE said...
Feb. 15, 2012 at 10:18 am:
i love your metaphors and its very detailed. i like the vision. . . excellent. i'm jealous :)

Ella1 replied...
Feb. 16, 2012 at 2:31 pm :
Thanks so much :) Is there anything of yours you would like me to read?

Shmelmo said...
Feb. 1, 2012 at 5:50 pm:
Thanks for your comment on my poem. I would have to agree that your ideas were a little out of order - but that is exactly how emotions work. Nicely done!

Ella1 replied...
Feb. 4, 2012 at 11:06 am :
Thank you for reading! I appreciate your comments :)

WrittenEmotions said...
I adore this! 5/5! (: be sure to check out Inside The Mirror and Glitter Rain when they get published, would you?

Ella1 replied...
Jan. 31, 2012 at 3:25 pm :
Of course I will, just let me know but I will keep checking. Thanks for reading!

PamplemousseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 30, 2012 at 12:09 am:
Really Powerful poem! The ideas were a little all over the place, but emotional things are just like that. The end when you talk about tears and the watch is the best part I think and could even just be by itself. Great job!

Ella1 replied...
Jan. 30, 2012 at 6:55 pm :
Thanks for your feedback and I guess the end could stand on its own, never thought of that :)

chloe_garrettThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I really like this and I like the wording and way you described the ticking haunting you reminding you that he's disappeared. Can you check out my poem Love Is Written, comment and rate?

Ella1 replied...
Jan. 29, 2012 at 11:39 am :
Yeah sure thanks for reading!

JD6671 said...
Jan. 27, 2012 at 11:48 am:
Ella, on my rap Missing, yes, I was trying to get the Eminem feel into it, because I like his raps. I jusst wanted you to go to my song Go Away and answer this question in a comment- tell me if this is a good song so far? I wish, I could sing, I wish, I could rap, I wish, I could do anything, but I can't, do any of that, I've always been secondhand, second best, half as good as the others, worse than the rest, I feel like I don't fit in, and yeah I may be putting myself down, but I feel, I shou... (more »)

Ella1 replied...
Jan. 27, 2012 at 12:06 pm :
I commented on your song again. I think it is good and you shouldn't be putting yourself down so much. If you want to succeed you have to have the right attitude. You are good at writing lyrics.

JD6671 said...
Ella, you read and commented on my song Go Away ( supposed to be Go Away, but Stay ), and I thought about what you said, about reading this poem, and I think it is very good! You can tell it's from the heart, and I can kind of see Shakespeare type of writing in it, and I love the way you described the tears, as unrelelnting creatures! I've never heard that before, and I think this whole poem is good! By the way, if you get time, can you read my rap skit called Missing? But anyways, great! Love i... (more »)

Ella1 replied...
Jan. 25, 2012 at 3:12 pm :
Hey, thanks for reading and sure I will read your rap!

callie15 said...
Oh heck, you didn't need me to look at it! I agree with everyone here, this poem is amazing. It has a lot of emotion and it's unique. I love how you described the tears :)

Ella1 replied...
Jan. 21, 2012 at 11:10 pm :
Thanks :) If there is anything of yours you want me to read let me know :)

callie15 replied...
Jan. 21, 2012 at 11:43 pm :
Yeah, could you read my poem "Mother Phoebe"? It's kind of confusing (it uses Shakesperian words), but I think the message is clear. Anyways, I think you might enjoy it :)

Ella1 replied...
Jan. 22, 2012 at 1:07 pm :
Of course I will! I love Shakespeare and I'm sure it will be great!

Fia-fia said...
This is really good. This is such an interesting piece, you can really tell you wrote from the heart! Plus, I love the new look on tears, how they are unrelenting creatures.... something i am sure most people wouldn't have thought of. Thank you :)