I am the Garden

An untrimmed garden, soul soiled by hanging leaves, dead petals and twisted gray grass.
Weeds biting into my flaws to keep the scars on my soul, and trap me in shadow.

The call of crows nesting in thorned brambles, nettles of despair hooked into their aching wings.
Such creatures oft lay silent; terror tying their tiny maws shut, and neglect begging their strife to fester.

An untrimmed garden, the storm cackling high above— growing louder, a shriek refusing to pass.
Oozing, black sludge— pained rain feeding the unwelcome, spreading ireful ivy and malicious mallow.

Seeds’ve long been planted, specks of beauty lost to the depths with a hopeless longing to rise like kings.
Like a smiling torch, you’ve begun to burn the hanging leaves, bringing to those kernels a taste of ardor.

The filthy muck dripping from the raging tempest turned glimmering pure, cleansing the morass.
And despite uneven ground, your golden rays pierce the stubborn surface and force my heart to glow.

A passion to rip out weeds and fill wounds, bask in your love and turn dying crows into grinning starlings.
Paper-thin roots sliding from the seeds, cool stems of lush verdure spilling leaves of lilac luster.

An untrimmed garden, soil soon swimming with the sweet fragrance of nectar and sprightly green grass.
Mind afire with color and dancing blossoms—filled with timid tulip, wriggling rose and alluring aster.

And to silently lay with you, staring at the now-clear sky without a whisper of doubt,
is the wondrous dream I can’t do without.

UNserieswriter said...
Feb. 27, 2012 at 3:08 pm:
ok well, i really do think you're talented, so the best way for this to work is for us to just keep posting on each other's work. that way i'll see your replies, and you'll see mine. 

UNserieswriter replied...
Feb. 27, 2012 at 3:10 pm :
Now with that in mind, i have to disagree about the flow of the first part. i understand that without the proper formatting, the piece won't come off as it should, but i just don't see the meter of the first two stanzas or so. 

UNserieswriter said...
Feb. 26, 2012 at 11:03 pm:
hey, i was giving you commentary about this poem, if you're still curious leave a comment on one of my things so i can get back to you (you don't have to read my work haha)

MissShah said...
Feb. 26, 2012 at 9:18 pm:
nick good job! i liked itx last three lines most...=)

artmantist said...
i really like it nick, it tells so much, very nice, u ve also a gr8 vocabulary

imnotstupidjustcrazyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
My most favorite poem on teenink. Your an amazing writer.

WrittenEmotions said...
This is absolutely great! I adore this, and trust me, you're very brave(:

Lyrics said...
Haunting, Stunning, amazing. great work :)

Nick-M replied...
Jan. 11, 2012 at 10:34 pm :
Thanks so much! I was nervous about this one.

BananaGray replied...
Feb. 24, 2012 at 9:07 pm :
Amazing, you must have put a lot of thought into this!  I am new at poetry writing and have submitted my first piece, hope it makes it!