It's Our Time | Teen Ink

It's Our Time

By Canadiangirl97 BRONZE, Lincoln, Maine
Canadiangirl97 BRONZE, Lincoln, Maine

Dying for something is better then Living for nothing

I'm not here to preach. I'm not here to make a speech. I'm here to spit the truth, and that's all I got here for you. People telling me I'm to young to make a change, but guess what change has no age. Don't you see the people on the streets. No education, medical qualifications. They say this is the land of hopes and dreams, but there dreams were crushed by poverty. And the the people are wandering on the streets, unemployment rate has increased to 9.3. Crime rates going up, man there's no peace. Wondering why kids dropping' out of school, doing pot, letting' go, don't have a care in the world. Gave up on teachers lost all hope. Parents split up, got no home. Our generation is slipping' one by one. We gotta cling tight, don't let go. Hope for the best and go for the gold. This is our time to shine and our time to glow, our time to show the world that we have potential and we won't let go.

Doesn't matter our age, we are the future leaders of this world. Let's get up and start making a difference.