She is a Rose

She is a rose
Most beautiful of all
She is a rose
Even as her petals fall

She is a rose
Be careful of her thorns
She is a rose
Been weather worn

She is a rose
Broken and smashed
She is a rose
But treated like trash.

She is a rose
But feels like a weed
She is a rose
And still has needs

She is a rose

She is a rose
Most Beautiful of all
She is a rose
Though her petals may fall.

B-Artistic said...
Feb. 13, 2012 at 7:03 am
"She is a rose And still has needs....." treat everyone equally coz everyone got a sweet heart..... your poem is a bitter truth , which is hard to accept.... gr8...

LoudDreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Yah! It's up! I love this and have been waiting a while so that I could tag it as a favorite! I love this, there are so many things in this world that are taken for granted, and it is always worse when that thing is a person. Im glad I found a poem that is a good reminder of that. When we say that a girl is a rose, all of a sudden it is sad to see her mistreated, but sometimes we couldn't care less when it comes to an actual person. Why is that?

Brokenness_is_Beautiful replied...
Dec. 27, 2011 at 8:43 am
I have no idea. I suppose its because the veiw is being changed and they are looking through different eyes... Thanks for the comment!!!

SuNshiNe007 replied...
Feb. 3, 2012 at 8:25 am
Wow I love this! And it is also sad too. And when you put your comments under the picture I know life would be so much better. You are an amazing writer! Great Job!