She is a Rose | Teen Ink

She is a Rose

By Brokenness_is_Beautiful SILVER, Independece, Louisiana
Brokenness_is_Beautiful SILVER, Independece, Louisiana

Life is so ironic to understand fully, it takes sadness to know what is happiness. noise to distinguish silent and a broken heart to find true love.

She is a rose
Most beautiful of all
She is a rose
Even as her petals fall

She is a rose
Be careful of her thorns
She is a rose
Been weather worn

She is a rose
Broken and smashed
She is a rose
But treated like trash.

She is a rose
But feels like a weed
She is a rose
And still has needs

She is a rose

She is a rose
Most Beautiful of all
She is a rose
Though her petals may fall.

Don't you just hate it when you see someone who it totally misunderstood and mistreated? If people would just take the time to get to know someone before making judgments, or better yet, don't make judgments, but try to understand, our lives would be so much better...

Shivam GOLD said...
on Feb. 13 2012 at 7:03 am
Shivam GOLD, Lucknow, Other

Its nothing like nothing or all.. its just that how far you climb up the tree before you fall..

"She is a rose And still has needs....." treat everyone equally coz everyone got a sweet heart..... your poem is a bitter truth , which is hard to accept.... gr8...

on Feb. 3 2012 at 8:25 am
SuNshiNe007 ELITE, Magee Ms., Mississippi

Never Give Up, And Know That God Will Always Love You!

Wow I love this! And it is also sad too. And when you put your comments under the picture I know life would be so much better. You are an amazing writer! Great Job!

on Dec. 27 2011 at 8:43 am

I have no idea. I suppose its because the veiw is being changed and they are looking through different eyes... Thanks for the comment!!!

Helena_Noel BRONZE, Burnt Hills, New York

“I'd rather see a sermon than hear one any day; I'd rather one should walk with me than merely tell the way: The eye's a better pupil and more willing than the ear, fine counsel is confusing, but example's always clear.” -Edgar Guest

Yah! It's up! I love this and have been waiting a while so that I could tag it as a favorite! I love this, there are so many things in this world that are taken for granted, and it is always worse when that thing is a person. Im glad I found a poem that is a good reminder of that. When we say that a girl is a rose, all of a sudden it is sad to see her mistreated, but sometimes we couldn't care less when it comes to an actual person. Why is that?