Angel in the Sky | Teen Ink

Angel in the Sky

By lovetolaugh52311 SILVER, Beloit, Wisconsin
lovetolaugh52311 SILVER, Beloit, Wisconsin

Everything happens for a reason.
“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.”

If you love someone let them go, if they come back they were always yours, if not it was never meant to be.

.
It has been almost seven years since I have seen your smile, or had a warm hug from you when I need cheering up. I still miss you. I may not think about how much I miss you every day like it used to be, but once in a while when I am alone you cross my mind. Even though I don't want to cry, I do because I miss you too much. Then as I cry, I realize they are tears of joy of what you meant to me. You were a good man who would do anything to take care of his family. You were my hero, because you inspired me to be strong and let nothing hold me back. You gave me everything from a soft teddy bear, to a smile and hug in your lap when I was afraid. The last time I saw you I was ten years old. The last memory I have of you was seen with tear filled eyes. Your eyes closed with you laying next to beds of Roses. That is not the memory I see first when I think of you. Instead I see your gentle hands that held my fingers when they were small. I see you smile with a hopeful twinkle in your eye. Even now when you can't finish watching me grow up, I know you had dreams for me. I also know your up in heaven now being my angel in the sky, watching me live out those dreams. I may not be able to see you physically, but I see you in other ways. I see you in the sunshine, in the clouds, in the stars, and in fields of flowers. I feel you in the rain, in the grass, and in the snow. I hear your voice whisper in the wind. The years continue to pass, while I miss my angel in the sky. I thank you for helping make me who I am today. I know when I look up at the sky that you are proud of who I have become. I will love you always.

I wrote this poem about my gandpa, who meant the world to me. He was and still is my best friend.