When Does it go Away | Teen Ink

When Does it go Away

December 1, 2011
By _Tionna_ BRONZE, McDonough, Georgia
_Tionna_ BRONZE, McDonough, Georgia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I have to pretend that you don't make a difference. Its a lie that I've been living in and I'm waiting for the day to break free and be able to tell the truth.
I thought you would be able to feel the pain that I feel without you, but if you haven't by now I'm starting to wonder if you ever will.
I wish we could have just held on, so I wouldn't be feeling like this is a waste. Its worth it all, but only if I get it in the end. I'm more afraid of giving up without a fight which is why I'm on the front line now. My whole life on the line.
I was confident the day we met, the moment was so strong like a piece of bubblegum. Sweet at first but it didn't last long.
My worst mistake was letting you just walk away, and although I tried, I could have tried harder.
I heard time helps heal everything. I told myself I was going to let you go. But as the days go by, I only miss you and us more.
Now I'm left asking myself will this feeling ever go away, and if so when? Because I swear we both used to say that we would never walk away. Now when I see your face, its like you never felt the same.