She and He | Teen Ink

She and He

November 24, 2011
By thomakab14 SILVER, North Canton, Ohio
thomakab14 SILVER, North Canton, Ohio
8 articles 0 photos 22 comments

Favorite Quote:
Whether you say you can or day you can't, you're right!


Dressed in white on a warm spring afternoon, Just she and he dance among the soft wheaten fields and the warm summer breeze.

A calm comes over the, just she and he, as the sunset enters the horizon and they they lay to watch the beautiful gols, ambers, and scarlets revolve around the fading sun.

As the sunset leaves the stage, the pearl-colored moon takes dominance in the eyes of she and he, aligning itself among the myriad of twinkling, diamond stars.

The countryside glistens with the ever-bright glow as the crickets chime and the creatures of the night sing their song to she and he.

Ecstasy reigns over their souls, as their eyes close in on the beautiful sights, ever more intricate with each glance.

These are the days he remembers of she and he, when the sunset came not with sadness but with joy.

His soul longed for those nights when she could point out every detail; every shooting star in the night sky.

A gray, old man he was now, He always longed for her touch. She danced among the sparkling stars. Her presence in the sky made the stars twinkle still.

Those afternoons in the breeze flooded his mind as he lay down in the now barren fields where she always used to lie.

The bitter cold could not contend with the warm peace that filled his heart as he remembered her silky smooth voice singing of the wonders above.

As the moon took its throne above the dark earth, shedding light through the trees around, when the last fleck of color left his sight, he drifted toward the light of the moon, where she held out her hand.

He gave his one last breath to the cold, stale air, and floated to the sky where she danced while she waited.

She and He were united once again, never to miss another spring afternoon.


The author's comments:
This was inspired by a relaxation song that spoke to me as I fell asleep one night. I had to get up and write it and after some editing, I came up with this piece.