What's Done

Make the jump
Take the turn
Watch the tragedies
Stand still
Don't know what to do
How to react
Grab for something
Ask for help,
Too late
Time took its toll
You waited too long
Watched,
Didn't feel
Saw their pain,
Watched suffering
Now it's your fault
You could have done something
Opened your mouth
But no,
Now your life is regret
Guilt and pain
You should have done it
This is your life now
Deal with it
Take it all in
Now...
Feel their pain

broken.winged.ravenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
so i'm reading yours bc u read mine :) i like this one a lot. i have felt that overwhelming and consume guilt and regret too so i can relate to this, well done

zadiekatie23This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like the accusatory yet guilty feel overall of your poem, how you're angry at yet also upset with yourself and what happened. Blame is a heavy weight to bear, and usually we take it upon ourselves as a way to shield others, yet you take it on after the harm has been done and you're disappointed with yourself. Very vivid piece. Thanks!

aubs126 said...
Tragidies are a very hard thing to deal with, and i could fell the pain in this peice. Very nice job. Dont stop using writing as an outlit, it will always help :)