Random Snippet

I’m wild seas flecked with foam
The death-cry of a swan,
I’m arcane words writ on bone
A rising blood-red dawn.

LittleSully said...
I like that it's random, it's great

snaomi This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow. I really really like this. All I would like is a real title instead of "random snippet" but this is really cool. Normally I'm not hot on rhymes, but this one adds to the shivers that I get at the end :)

readaholicThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 2, 2012 at 5:28 pm :
Yeah, I agree, it needs a title, but otherwise it's awesome :)

beautifulspirit This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:27 pm :
Yeah, I think your poem is awesome:)

LoudDreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 11, 2011 at 7:19 am:

Woah, for something completely random, this is chalk full of meaning. You managed to make me walk away from this hodgepodge of words convinced there was some occult meaning I couldn't see.....How on earth did you do that?

*Shakes head in confusion.* Wha...? umm..... hmmm...... *looks at poem and reads again........*

Alright! Five stars!

Could you check out some of my work?

IceFox416 replied...
Dec. 12, 2011 at 7:34 pm :

Thanks! I know, I wish I could figure out the meaning too. It's like I wasn't really me exactly when I wrote this. And if I could figure out what it's about, then I could write a 2nd stanza, lol. :)

I've read "The Swimmer" (really good, by the way) and I'll read more when I have the time. You are great at writing!

AnimaCordis said...
Nov. 27, 2011 at 5:33 am:
Amazing language, the fraze 'a death cry of a swan' is really something!