ODE TO MY CABLE NEWS NETWORK | Teen Ink

ODE TO MY CABLE NEWS NETWORK

November 7, 2011
By OmarY BRONZE, Niskayuna, New York
OmarY BRONZE, Niskayuna, New York
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"all bad poetry springs from genuine feeling" - Oscar Wilde


ODE TO MY CABLE NEWS NETWORK WRITTEN WHILE WATCHING THE $1500 TAX CREDITED SUNSET FOR ONLY A WINK FROM MY NEW WINDOW FRESHLY INSTALLED BY BOB, JIM, AND DALE AT VINYL REPLACEMENT WINDOWS & PATIO DOORS BY VISTA


Oh throbbing! Oh throbbing! My heart gallops like the ravenous Cossacks of the stark Russian Winter through the foreign yet familiar passions that lurk within the misty cavernous wood, where milky white glazed and creamy with heavenly hues, blushing lilies giggle sweetly into the black abyss, crazed quivering trembling symphonies rise from the ground echoing far off like a merchant out at sea, In their golden perfectly rounded cups buzzing bees dream as they should, Ecstasy arabesque in its highest most hallowed form! Cherry red Blossoms burst fitfully gushing the blood of their muddy roots amongst humble underbrush such as the troubled painter speaks and lets leak the colors of his hairy waltzing brush, soft as pillows under cold orphan heads, doomed like sweet ballerinas begging to perform, Full of tinkling youth (times stubborn yet doomed foe) and irksome innocence (dishonorable son of sin) mad like hopeless frenzied schoolchildren drunk with the teeming glory of dreamy hazelnut afternoons, Napping like a homeless boy far from home beside the towering jagged oak-trees blending into the deep maroons who like ancient golden gods grant coliseums roaring of awe and inspiration and thunder like the fiercest of typhoons! On whose craggy cadaver green dews drip sighing for the glowing sallow sun and adding to the scattered perfume which hangs like the scents of idle French w----s on quiet Sunday evenings, oriental palaces outdone with inviting cushions of smoky velvet fantasy, in the clammy chestnut coolness, oh sweating nature! the lark steals a jealous glance from the bowing branch poised with ghostly silence the very likes of which would make a deaf man deaf, The crow envious of all cracks the air stiff with brooding nightly presence, scheming while the rejected moon pale as a nun high in the jeweled heaven impatient as the wind attempts a lonely far-off clumsy grin spilling silvered lust upon the damp heavy earth., Ah! This land of civilization these majestic towers built from loving and for loving, for the singing dove my honey dove! Come stay with me, dream with me, sing with me, hurt with me, weep with me, live with me and feel with me! Why go back to the thoughtless price tagged globe constructed and shoved with sinful hands for greedy demands, our fading empires becoming wastelands this dank rollback muck of prices, clanking metal, rusted steel locomotives deafening, The armies pounding in unison with fearsome accuracy the scarlet earth, I hear an old fuzzy recording of broken sputtering brutish industrial tongues itching into our souls while you and I squirm and writhe like helpless worms stuck out on the road dodging devil-eyed children searching for some kind of romance amongst eggplant liquor drenched late night special inspirations longing for your heart amongst the dirty cigaretted Dorito neighborhood streets grey and coarse where yellow and dim lay the markets past the sad blue automobiles next to freshly mown stinking grass, and neatly trimmed gardens performing for neighborhood contests, where men prowl like wolves, women thirst like sheep, but everyone moans, mingles, trying to get into rooms full of doors which lead to more rooms full of doors, and antennas like maggots on corpses line the houses on our block, our windows tightly closed, curtains frightfully shut for the black sunset, skeletons wobble a single daisy I saw with a dead fly in her ear, a child weeping from the bluest of eyes an oozing soggy petroleum tear while his mother comforts him so “it’s only a dream you have nothing to fear”


The author's comments:
written a few years ago when I first took a serious interest in poetry